I made a better remote-live-view page [OLD]

randyh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is there a setting to disable interface repaint when changing profiles?

When i manually change Profiles, the interface rebuilds and reverts back to group view. Most of the times that I manually change profiles is because i am on a certain camera and have moved the view away from my scheduled presets and want to stay on this new view longer than the preset schedule. But when i change to a profile to ignore the scheduled presets, the entire interface repaints and I have to drill back to my camera I was working in. Is there a way I can turn that off, or maybe a better procedure than i am using?

thanks

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it possible to add configuration for show/hide "Clips" area by default?
You mean, so that every time you open the page, the clips area is hidden, even if you closed the UI with it open previously? If that is what you mean then yes it could be done using the ui2-local-overrides.js file. Let me know and I'll post what you need to do.

Is there a setting to disable interface repaint when changing profiles?

When i manually change Profiles, the interface rebuilds and reverts back to group view. Most of the times that I manually change profiles is because i am on a certain camera and have moved the view away from my scheduled presets and want to stay on this new view longer than the preset schedule. But when i change to a profile to ignore the scheduled presets, the entire interface repaints and I have to drill back to my camera I was working in. Is there a way I can turn that off, or maybe a better procedure than i am using?

thanks
Interesting. I can't think of a better procedure. I'll look into the profile change code and see if I can remove the part where it unnecessarily un-maximizes your camera.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Using a virtual directory with your reverse proxy is not currently a good idea. (e.g. http://localhost/blueiris/)

UI2 and possibly some of the official/included web interfaces are explicitly asking for data and images from the server root (e.g. http://localhost/"). So what happens is the browser asks for http://localhost/image/index and the reverse proxy rejects it because the requested item isn't in the /blueiris/ subdirectory.

I suppose I should fix that for you guys, but I have no ETA on a new release because I've been busy lately. If I release another UI2 without this fix, please remind me.
I have fixed this and intend to do a release tonight. I want to also get in a few other things first.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I've just pushed out the release. Download link is in the first post, as always. I made a better remote-live-view page

v0.18.0 - 2017-07-10
* Video streaming stops while the UI is in a background tab or minimized window.
* Login page bugfixes
* When Blue Iris changes profiles, the UI is no longer returned unnecessarily to a group view.
* PTZ presets can now be assigned a description that appears when mousing over each preset button. This description is stored serverside and is shared with other Blue Iris client apps.
* Update checks to ipcamtalk.com are now done using https.
* Changed default server path from "/" to "". This will break the UI for users who run the UI from a subdirectory, but fix the UI for users who run the UI through a reverse proxy server using a virtual directory path.

randyh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Holy Cow, bp2008. One hour and 15 minutes after I express an issue, an addressing modification is released. Thank you very much.

Oh, and yes indeed it works great.

randy

Jury

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Let me know and I'll post what you need to do.
Hi. Yes. This is exactly what I mean. Would be great also to have an option to force how ui2 should looks like by default. As example, I don't want for all users to have an quality option in the bar at all...
Don't know if it's clear, what I mean.

bobfather

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@bp2008 I can confirm UI2 works great through the reverse proxy. Thank you!

Although now people can't use a different folder, that seems like no big deal considering UI2 has always been able to exist flawlessly next to the stock interface, right?

I definitely appreciate your attention and work. Thank you!

jmunchel

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi. Yes. This is exactly what I mean. Would be great also to have an option to force how ui2 should looks like by default. As example, I don't want for all users to have an quality option in the bar at all...
Don't know if it's clear, what I mean.
Jury, you can modify the default view of all users by modifying the "ui2-local-overrides-template.js" file. You can find this in the default location of C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 4\www\ui2

If you follow the directions it was fairly easy to get configured and working.

One thing that would be nice, is if the overrides file could have different settings for admins versus users. But otherwise I think it works wonderfully!

jmunchel

n3wb
Reaction score
One other thing I just thought of. We don't use audio from any of our cameras, is it possible to just remove the "Toggle Audio Playback" button entirely? I can't seem to find a setting for that anywhere?

BigGsWorld

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone else have trouble selecting individual cameras when viewing on chrome on android? I have a Samsung Galaxy S7edge, and when I try to tap a live view in the collage, it either doesn't work or selects one up and to the left of where I'm tapping.

Any idea why? Otherwise it works fine.

This is a great addition to Blue Iris. Thank you to the developer!

Jury

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does anyone else have trouble selecting individual cameras when viewing on chrome on android? I have a Samsung Galaxy S7edge, and when I try to tap a live view in the collage, it either doesn't work or selects one up and to the left of where I'm tapping.

Any idea why? Otherwise it works fine.

This is a great addition to Blue Iris. Thank you to the developer!
Probably your page is zoomed. You can maximize camera correctly only on "default" view. Meaning zooming in/out causing problems.

Jury

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
you can modify the default view of all users by modifying the "ui2-local-overrides-template.js" file.
I'll have a look. Thank you. I only not sure it's exactly what I meant. I talked about "default" state, but then user can change settings. From js file name I think all user changes will be discarded on new login. Or?

jmunchel

n3wb
Reaction score
I'll have a look. Thank you. I only not sure it's exactly what I meant. I talked about "default" state, but then user can change settings. From js file name I think all user changes will be discarded on new login. Or?
Depends on what your preference is. You can setup the defaults that a new user will receive and force those all the time, or you can leave the options menu and the user can still modify it as they please. Read through the beginning of that template file and it should explain everything pretty clearly.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Probably your page is zoomed. You can maximize camera correctly only on "default" view. Meaning zooming in/out causing problems.
Ack. I was going to fix this bug but I forgot. Kind of busy right now so I'll have to leave it until later.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@Jury For your custom settings, set up a ui2-local-overrides.js file as described in the ui2-local-overrides-template.js file. The setting you are most interested in is: ui2_leftBarSize

That setting does not appear in the settings window; it is simply updated when you expand or collapse the clip list. If you set it to 0 then the clip list will be fully collapsed upon UI2 startup. Set the Always Reload flag to true for this setting if you want that to be the behavior every time the page is loaded.

ui2_hideTopBar is another setting you may want to play with. If you give it a value of "0" then the top bar will not be hidden when the clip list is collapsed.

ui2_showQualityButton affects whether or not the high/low quality button is shown. Values are "0" for off and "1" for on. I just noticed there are two copies of that setting in the overrides template file, so you should delete one of the lines with ui2_showQualityButton to avoid later confusion.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
One other thing I just thought of. We don't use audio from any of our cameras, is it possible to just remove the "Toggle Audio Playback" button entirely? I can't seem to find a setting for that anywhere?
UI2 doesn't have such a setting. If you don't use audio, can't you just turn off audio in Blue Iris (for each camera)?

If that doesn't work for you, you can create a ui2-local-overrides.css file (note the .css extension!) and paste in this and it should prevent the audio icon from ever appearing.

HTML:
#audio_icon
{
    width: 0px;
    margin: 0px;
}

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It was quick so I fixed the zoomed-in bug for mobile devices.

v0.18.1 - 2017-07-11
* Click coordinates should now be correct when zoomed in on a mobile device.
* Changed style of timeout.htm

Jury

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@Jury For your custom settings, set up a ui2-local-overrides.js file as described in the ui2-local-overrides-template.js file. The setting you are most interested in is: ui2_leftBarSize

That setting does not appear in the settings window; it is simply updated when you expand or collapse the clip list. If you set it to 0 then the clip list will be fully collapsed upon UI2 startup. Set the Always Reload flag to true for this setting if you want that to be the behavior every time the page is loaded.

ui2_hideTopBar is another setting you may want to play with. If you give it a value of "0" then the top bar will not be hidden when the clip list is collapsed.

ui2_showQualityButton affects whether or not the high/low quality button is shown. Values are "0" for off and "1" for on. I just noticed there are two copies of that setting in the overrides template file, so you should delete one of the lines with ui2_showQualityButton to avoid later confusion.
Thank you. I looked yesterday into this file but not changed "ui2_leftBarSize" setting. Waited for your reply to be sure. Now I know and will try to play with it.
Would be great to have such thing by user... Maybe you could have a look into such option for the future.