I made a better remote-live-view page [OLD]

crimsondr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I do not know how that could be happening. Each clip is associated with a unique ID which does not change.
I don't know but it happens quite frequently for me. Is it that many alerts are part of the same clip? So maybe it's the correct clip but wrong time period in the clip.

crimsondr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Also, I just wanted to say the new seek bar is great! Your custom UI just gets better and better! I use it daily from my office to watch the kids at home.

crimsondr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I do not know how that could be happening. Each clip is associated with a unique ID which does not change.
Clicking around some more it seems to only happen when trying to view one of the latest alerts. When it doesn't display the alert I click it shows an earlier time which is actually the beginning of the current clip which I confirmed by clicking clips which shows the latest clip starting at the same time as the clip that was displayed. Perhaps the latest alerts where not yet flushed to disk? Clicking on earlier alerts display correctly.

Edit: Just testing this now I was clicking on an alert that was time stamped 3:19pm. It would display the recording from 9:25am which is beginning of the clip to which the alert is a part of. After refreshing the screen with CTRL-F5, the alert for 3:19pm no longer displays in the list. Phantom alert?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Well Blue Iris did recently change to show the most recent alert from each camera at the top of the list. Maybe it is buggy. It is also possible that UI2 is accidentally loading the alert from the beginning of the clip now. I will look into this when I think of it.

I'm glad you are liking UI2.

crimsondr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well Blue Iris did recently change to show the most recent alert from each camera at the top of the list. Maybe it is buggy. It is also possible that UI2 is accidentally loading the alert from the beginning of the clip now. I will look into this when I think of it.

I'm glad you are liking UI2.
I've actually been experiencing this bug for awhile, even before the latest update.

lviperz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just built a new system and freshly loaded the latest BI 4.1.4 and most recent UI2 files and I'm getting stuck on busy loading clips. I thought maybe it was the fact I didn't have any clips to view since it was a fresh install so I waited till all cameras had some clips to view but it still isn't working. Just stuck on busy loading clip list.

My new system is running Windows 10 Pro if that matters or helps.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Open the browser's developer tools with F12 if using a Microsoft Browser (Edge or IE) or Ctrl + Shift + I if using a non-Microsoft browser. Find the Console where error messages are reported, then refresh the UI2 page. Copy/paste or attach a screenshot of the console output.

lviperz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Open the browser's developer tools with F12 if using a Microsoft Browser (Edge or IE) or Ctrl + Shift + I if using a non-Microsoft browser. Find the Console where error messages are reported, then refresh the UI2 page. Copy/paste or attach a screenshot of the console output.
SCRIPT5007: Unable to get value of the property 'replace': object is null or undefined
ui2.htm, line 1 character 1

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I think you are one version back on your UI2. If you are certain you have the latest UI2 files, then Ctrl + F5 to force a full refresh.

lviperz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think you are one version back on your UI2. If you are certain you have the latest UI2 files, then Ctrl + F5 to force a full refresh.
I downloaded using the link in the first post. However, thinking back I might have unzipped the files in to a folder with some old UI2 files. I will unzip again to a fresh folder.

lviperz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok. I extracted to a empty folder and then copied everything over once again and it's working now after I did a ctrl-F5 refresh. Thanks for the tip.

Reaction score
When I click a clip, sometimes it links to the wrong clip from earlier in the day. This happens with the old jpegpull and this new ui2 so I assume there's a simple setting somewhere I'm missing. Any thoughts?

aaronwt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just installed this on my BI4 machine. It works great. Thanks!!

I did notice that it works in the Edge browser in Windows 10. And there also isn't a long delay for the audio to start like in the Chrome Browser.

Last edited by a moderator:

MEZERR

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is there anyway to get the live cameras in a vertical layout, instead of square? For example: 4 video's produce a square, and I need them in a vertical (one of top of the other) layout.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there anyway to get the live cameras in a vertical layout, instead of square? For example: 4 video's produce a square, and I need them in a vertical (one of top of the other) layout.
In the lower left corner of Blue Iris, find this. If you are on BI 3, this gear icon will be on the right instead of the left.

Change the frame size to whatever you want (you can type in the box, you don't have to select a predefined option). Make the height smaller larger than the width. e.g. 300 x 1200

Blue Iris will then re-organize the cams to fit in your specified frame and once you get a layout you like, you can tweak the frame size to minimize the wasted black space.

Last edited: