I made a better remote-live-view page [OLD]

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
No progress with detecting session loss. But I will probably cook something up within a week. In the meantime you might consider removing the login requirement for LAN access, if that is acceptable. That way it should automatically recover as it is.

Cal800

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi BP,

Love your Web interface, I'm using it to monitor my farm with about 20 VGA cams. Just wondering if there is a way to increase the number of alerts that is loaded. Between all the cameras I get hundreds of alerts each day.

The end result is remotely I can only go back 1-2 days worth of alerts. Most of the alerts are unimportant. Its only when there is an incident it would be useful to go back further in time.

***Just read the older messages regarding the 1000 clips limit. So yeah please implement the ability to load extra clips, that would be awesome :) ***

Last edited by a moderator:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I have uploaded an update with a few changes.

The login.htm background is now dark instead of bright blue.

As requested, UI2 should now detect when a session is lost, and attempt to reconnect.

Also I have added some experimental functionality to the camera context menu. The context menu appears when you click-and-hold on a live camera view. It lets you trigger a camera's motion detector, toggle manual recording, or restart a camera. Each of these features requires you to log in with a Blue Iris administrator account.

res

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you by chance have only one camera? I never did get this working with only one camera.
Any luck with it working with only one camera? Or is there a code bodge we can do to make it a single camera version?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I have not made it work with only one camera yet, but it is on my list of things to do. The problem is, I originally designed UI2 to assume there would always be at least 1 camera "group". Such as the "all cameras" group that Blue Iris creates automatically. But when you only have one camera, there are no camera groups and therefore the code fails when it can't find one. I can work around this, but since I do not normally have any Blue Iris systems with only one camera attached, it is a very troublesome configuration to test :)

superfake123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
so to get the autologin from UI2 I gotta have the remember me checked in UI2 config page? because it still lost connection for me when I did the last update D: I noticed that option after. I guess I can wait till next update to test again haha

crimsondr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for this! Can you tell me how I can set the new login page and UI2 to be the defaults? No point in using the original interface!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for this! Can you tell me how I can set the new login page and UI2 to be the defaults? No point in using the original interface!
The login page included with UI2 will replace the login page that came with BI, as there can only be one of those. To make UI2 the default, what I do is simply bookmark the ui2 page, but otherwise you can go into Blue Iris options, users tab, and edit each user's Homepage field to say ui2.htm

- - - Updated - - -

so to get the autologin from UI2 I gotta have the remember me checked in UI2 config page? because it still lost connection for me when I did the last update D: I noticed that option after. I guess I can wait till next update to test again haha
Yes, you have to set the login page to remember you and also have the automatic login box checked.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I uploaded a new version of the pages, with two changes:

1. UI2 will not fail to load when you have only one camera in Blue Iris.
2. Setting PTZ presets from within UI2 will once again cause a thumbnail to be saved in UI2 (this was broken).

crimsondr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I copied all the files into the www folder for BI but it still get the basic auth prompt from the browser instead of the custom login page. Any ides? Do I need to clear the www folder of existing files before copying over the new ones?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The basic auth prompt from the browser means your Blue Iris doesn't have the "Secure Only" box checked under the web server settings. The "Secure Only" box will replace the basic auth prompt with the login page.

crimsondr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
oh i didn't realize that. I can't check secure only because Vera won't connect to it when enabled.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah, yeah. I guess the only way around that would be to set Authentication: Non-LAN only to let the Vera have access. You might also have to make the LAN-only Anonymous user into an administrator depending on what you have the Vera doing with Blue Iris. Totally up to you of course if you wanted to remove the login requirement for LAN access.

Git

Banned
Reaction score
I really love using your web page - thanks

I do have a suggestion. The clip list along the left hand side - I wish the 'active' clip was a little more obvious. Right now it looks like to me that all the clips are grey in color and then when you click on one (which makes it active) it changes to light grey. If I am scrolling through the clips real fast to see what may have happened last night, sometimes I lose track of the active clip when I scroll back.

Just a thought

crimsondr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It would be nice if you could drag/drop the individual cameras around to re-order them :)

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I really love using your web page - thanks

I do have a suggestion. The clip list along the left hand side - I wish the 'active' clip was a little more obvious. Right now it looks like to me that all the clips are grey in color and then when you click on one (which makes it active) it changes to light grey. If I am scrolling through the clips real fast to see what may have happened last night, sometimes I lose track of the active clip when I scroll back.

Just a thought
Easily done. Open your www/ui2 folder and create a text file named exactly ui2-local-overrides.css

Open this file in notepad or whatever and paste in:

Code:
.cliptile.selected {
  background-color: rgba(0,255,0,0.4);
}
UI2 is coded to load that file if it exists. That will turn the selected clip a medium shade of green. You can put any valid CSS color value there instead of rgba(0,255,0,0.4). For example #660000 for a dark red or Purple for purple. The best part is, because I don't include a ui2-local-overrides.css file in the distribution, it won't be replaced when you update so your change should survive for the foreseeable future.

It would be nice if you could drag/drop the individual cameras around to re-order them :)
You can, in Blue Iris, and it will also affect UI2. That is the only way to do it.

Reactions: Git