I made a better remote-live-view page [OLD]

DokkenVersusChicken

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I still can't get this working on my mac, safari or chrome. i've cleared the cache on both browsers. it works fine on my BI windows machine on the same network. And it worked fine on this mac until i upgraded the UI2 version this morning. Any other suggestions?

ck42

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You are being redirected to /mobile.htm somehow. I suggest you go to Blue Iris options and change your homepage to ui2.htm as this may help get you to the right page.

Thanks for the reply!
I made the change. Now, I'm simply seeing the two camera Live View windows (which are static). No buttons or hyperlinks. Just the two camera views.

[EDIT] It's working in Chrome now!!!!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I still can't get this working on my mac, safari or chrome. i've cleared the cache on both browsers. it works fine on my BI windows machine on the same network. And it worked fine on this mac until i upgraded the UI2 version this morning. Any other suggestions?
Did you look at the link from StackOverflow? It really sounds like your privacy settings got changed. Here it is again: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24456891/iframe-in-chrome-error-uncaught-securityerror-failed-to-read-the-sessionstora

DokkenVersusChicken

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you look at the link from StackOverflow? It really sounds like your privacy settings got changed. Here it is again: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24456891/iframe-in-chrome-error-uncaught-securityerror-failed-to-read-the-sessionstora
Thanks. For Chrome (Mac), that link fixed it.

For Safari, it was ublock origin extension. i un-enabled ublock, refreshed UI2 and it worked. re-enabled ublock and it continues to work. weird.

But thanks, I'm back in business. A day without UI2 is not a good day.

DokkenVersusChicken

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
AAAAND I spoke too soon. After awaking from sleep mode, safari on the mac exhibits the same behavior. it will not load UI2. Chrome on the mac is fine.

I tried disabling ublock and the cookies app (mac cookie manager) but it does not want to work. so strange, as i got it to work last night. and it has worked great for months.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
AAAAND I spoke too soon. After awaking from sleep mode, safari on the mac exhibits the same behavior. it will not load UI2. Chrome on the mac is fine.

I tried disabling ublock and the cookies app (mac cookie manager) but it does not want to work. so strange, as i got it to work last night. and it has worked great for months.
See if this ublock thing has an exceptions list where you can specifically allow your Blue Iris ip address (and/or host name) to save cookies and local data.

DokkenVersusChicken

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
See if this ublock thing has an exceptions list where you can specifically allow your Blue Iris ip address (and/or host name) to save cookies and local data.
Still can't get it to work after disabling both my cookie things.

ublock origin is a popular ad/3rd party blocking extension. You can whitelist. tried that and even turned it off.

cookies is a great mac/safari cookie whitelist app. turned it off, also added my BI server to the whitelist. cookies app shows my BI server as saved and whitelisted.

this same setup was working for months. that's what baffles me. it just quit working on safari after the latest UI2 upgrade. even tried downgrading to my previous UI2 download, no luck. I did somehow get it working last night. then this morning it gets stuck on loading.

is it possible there's another issue with safari compatibility?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
is it possible there's another issue with safari compatibility?
Anything is possible :)

I will try to remember to try it on my mac's safari next time I am near it. I bought this expensive macbook pro back when it first got the "retina" display, and barely used it since. Such a waste.

DokkenVersusChicken

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
turns out it is definitely the adblocker extension ublock that is causing UI2 to fail at loading. A full disable of ublock allows UI2 to load. I can then re-enable the adblock extension, and UI2 continues to run, but if I refresh the UI2 page with it enabled it will not load.

I tried a newer adblocker extension called adguard (which uses some new safari/osx API for adblocking), and i get the same results.

Even if I whitelist the BI IP and 'turn off blocking for this site', UI2 still fails to load with the adblockers running.

At least I'm back in business with only a slight inconvenience.

Reaction score
Hi, is it possible to disable snapshoot show in video list? Maybe change code someware? In night ir take snapshoot every 30min, but I dont need that they show in web with video.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Even if I whitelist the BI IP and 'turn off blocking for this site', UI2 still fails to load with the adblockers running.
Maybe you have to include the port number in your whitelist rule?

Hi, is it possible to disable snapshoot show in video list? Maybe change code someware? In night ir take snapshoot every 30min, but I dont need that they show in web with video.
I will put this on my list of things to add. It should be fairly easy. To be clear, you are talking about items in the Clips list that are labeled "Snapshot" where the duration normally is?

Reaction score
Best option would be to add button, so user can select from snap or video. I'm now on 45cam's, going for 128 with multiple users. maybe someone knows, can I run two blue iris software on one pc with two license?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Best option would be to add button, so user can select from snap or video.
Where would I put such a button?

I'm now on 45cam's, going for 128 with multiple users. maybe someone knows, can I run two blue iris software on one pc with two license?
You can if you run the second copy in a virtual machine, but I strongly recommend against it. The CPU, memory, and I/O overhead of running Blue Iris in a virtual machine is significant. Besides, the last time I read of someone trying an unusually large camera load in Blue Iris (I think he was going for dozens of 8 megapixel cameras), his system began showing signs of being overloaded long before his CPU and memory usage were maxed out. And he had built an expensive server for this. I think you'd be far better off with a second physical PC. You can buy a refurbished i7-4790 system for $400-$500 when they are on sale.

Reaction score
I'm runing on i7-3930k 16Gb RAM, and blue iris already is on virtual machine, I have hikvision cameras runing substream 640x480 4fps, with this frame rate work very fine, big fps uses lot of cpu.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm runing on i7-3930k 16Gb RAM, and blue iris already is on virtual machine, I have hikvision cameras runing substream 640x480 4fps, with this frame rate work very fine, big fps uses lot of cpu.
Ah. Well I am not sure what kind of load that creates, using such small streams. The good news is that is a pretty powerful CPU and it doesn't support hardware accelerated decoding anyway so you aren't losing that much by running in a VM. Besides that I/O operations tend to be expensive with a VM. If you are well under 50% CPU usage then you might be able to spin up a second Windows VM for a second instance of Blue Iris and not have any trouble.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Small patch today.

v0.14.1 - 2016-04-08
+ UI2 will now explain the situation when cookies or localStorage are disabled in the browser.
+ Improved UI2's handling of clips that are actually just Snapshots, including two new settings in the UI Behavior category.
+ Added the file size to the Download button in the clip context menu.
* Fixed a bug where if you deleted the clip or alert you were currently watching, a script error could occur.
* The clip list will no longer try to play a preview for clips shorter than half a second (e.g. Snapshot clips).
* Optimized several expensive and often-run JavaScript functions.

NOTE: During development of v0.14.1, it was noticed that clips may fail to delete if they are currently being viewed or previewed in the clip list. I consider this to be a Blue Iris bug and have notified the developer.

DokkenVersusChicken

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Maybe you have to include the port number in your whitelist rule?
it does not accept a port #. No big deal, I can run without the adblocker for now. The Cookies app blocks tracking cookies. I was running belt & suspenders. Only need the belt.

edit if you decide to look into this. the adblocker extension i'm using is adguard for mac safari. with the latest UI2, it will not load with adguard enabled. if i disable adguard in preferences then UI2 will load and function fine until I re-start safari, wake the mac, or restart the mac. it just seems to be the initial loading of UI2 (with the 4 busy/ok status messages) that keeps it from running. once past that (with adguard disabled), it functions fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

patja

n3wb
Reaction score
I was having a problem where selecting alerts for viewing was sometimes crashing BI. I think I resolved this by doing the repair/regenerate operation on the clip database, but now I have a new issue viewing alerts on one of my cameras.

The camera in question is set for continuous recording, file splitting every hour, and with alerts marked based on the camera's DIO trigger. All of the alerts show up in UI2, but selecting any of them only makes the clip play from the top of the hour. Selecting an alert from 1:10AM just plays the clip from 1:00AM. This is true for all of the alerts on this camera.

Using the native BI client on the server works fine for viewing and navigating between alerts.