I lost all motion detection with ver 4.2.1

RichM

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 8 cameras. A mix of Hikvision and Logitech.

After I updated to 4.2.1 today, none of the cameras trigger on motion detection. (Well, actually, two still do but with problems, see below for that)

I noticed a spider web on two cameras and they weren't triggering alerts.

So I started looking closer and I didn't see any alerts for a few hours.

I tested by shining a flashlight on my outside cameras with no alerts.

Then I tried two Logitech cameras in the garage.
They used to trigger the instant the lights were turned on. Now, the lights do not trigger an alert.
If I walk through the garage, there is an alert triggered long after it should have been.
I have the minimum object size set very low and the min. duration is set to 0.2 seconds. (been that way for years)

I also noticed that the CPU usage is only around 25% and it normally runs over 45%.

Does anyone have an idea of what the problem may be other than something in the latest Blue Iris code?

Thanks,
Rich

By the way, I can run my Logitech software and, as would be expected, the motion alerts there are as they've always been.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@RichM, as explained in the release notes the motion algorithms were changed. Make sure object detection is disabled.
You can roll back to and older version by running an older update file.

Last edited by a moderator:

RichM

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. I didn't realize that I could just run an older update file.

I used your link from another thread to download 4.1.6.1 and that resolved my problem.
I'll be out a lot over the weekend and was worried I wouldn't get alerts while away.

I'd like to get back to 4.1.9 though. Is that available somewhere?
I tried searching the Blue Iris web site but I didn't see a download link.

By the way, I don't use object detect and I tried playing around with one of the cameras but I could never get it to trigger on the motion caused by the spider web. (Not that I like spider webs ;) )

Rich

RichM

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks again fenderman, that got me back to where I wanted to be.
Rich

qb84

n3wb
Reaction score
holy crap! Thank you! This new version is messed up. I was getting emails every minute whenever a cloud passed by... all 4 cameras sending emails every minute... not fun!

Tried all the new settings, including the shadow option and no matter what I did I would still get an email.

Just turned off auto update. No more updates until this gets addressed :eek:h:

jranalletta

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My cams (2) are not triggering with the new or older version of BI. Can be triggered manually. Here's a screenshot of the trigger menu. Any help would be appreciated. TIA.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Try unchecking cancel shadows...also enable highlight motion and see what BI is detecting, you may need to lower the thresholds...finally, if nothing else works, delete and re-add the camera.

jranalletta

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Deleting and adding cameras back did the trick. Thank you.