I like this PTZ.. HikVision - DS-2DF8C260I5XG-ELW 1/1.2" progressive scan CMOS @ 2mp.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
So, I just dropped off the HikVision mount at a Metal Fabrication shop to see if they can cut off the Dahua junction box and swap/weld it to the Hikvision to make the mounting process easier for me. The Hikvision mount is narrower and longer, However, I'm not getting my hopes up too high because the Metal shop mentioned that the mount is possibly aluminum but mixed with silica or silicon, or something like that. They expressed concern that the weld may not work and cannot be guaranteed. We'll see what happens ..

1715211863980.jpeg

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
So, this bad boy was not up in time to catch the Corvette thieves. I am anxious to see how this one works out. I might upgrade one of my PTZs. I love those big sensors.
Yeah I have not even try it yet waiting for the mount.. If you upgrade one of your PTZ will you go with 2mp or 4mp ?

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
So, I finally picked up the mount from the metal shop today. Essentially, I had them cut out the Hikvision mounting plate in the back and weld in a Dahua mounting plate to fit the PFA120. Additionally, I had it powder coated to match the camera's color. Now will try to get it mounted soon at some point :) Maybe This weekend but not sure.

1715725838210.jpeg1715725861339.jpeg1715725921247.jpeg1715725948320.jpeg1715725970943.jpeg

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Finally got the PTZ camera set up with the help of a friend—it's heavy, LOL. I noticed that during powder coating, one of the screws on the mount got stripped or something not sure from what though, so I'll need to work on that to ensure it holds properly. Currently, it's not entirely stable, which might be why I'm seeing a bit of shake in the image when the PTZ is tracking. However I have not seen the camera move outside either anyhow will figure it out.

Here's the daytime video. I haven't adjusted the camera's image settings yet, so it's likely on auto. The only thing I've set up is a quick auto-tracking rule and the time.

I'll see how it performs tonight, but again, it's set on auto for now. I'll need to fine-tune it eventually.

One thing I've noticed so far is that the auto-tracking feature seems nice.

Also some images.

DSC06810RawProcess.jpgDSC06815RawProcess.jpg

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
It seems to hold on an object that was moving and became stationary longer than the Dahua?

Is that the corvette that was stolen?
Yeah, it seems like it holds onto the moving subject longer, but it's only been an hour. Definitely seems that way so far.

No, that Corvette is a different one.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
The auto-tracking feature seems to be a bit diffrent, and the presets keep defaulting to 1 instead of adjusting for Preset 3 so I can setup rules for auto Track,,. I have a feeling I might be doing something wrong, so there's definitely a learning curve involved. I'll try to get the hang of it, maybe tomorrow morning.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
What’s going on with the tearing of the video at the bottom right?!? Also what’s happening with the slight bobbing up / down movement??

Doesn’t seem like it’s the wind blowing it up & down.
That tearing on 4/3? Not sure. The bobbling is what I'm thinking, maybe that screw which was stripped at the arm may have caused it, but I'm not sure until I can try to get that fixed. If that doesn't resolve it, then I'm not sure what it is.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
That tearing on 4/3? Not sure. The bobbling is what I'm thinking, maybe that screw which was stripped at the arm may have caused it, but I'm not sure until I can try to get that fixed. If that doesn't resolve it, then I'm not sure what it is.
Not sure if it’s the hosting site on IPCT or the original video but captured two stills. I’ve watched the video on four different systems / devices and it always looks the same.

As to the slight bobbing it’s ever so slight but it’s there and drove me nuts! I’ll watch the other couple to see if it’s there too.

As others said the auto tracking / dwell time is much better than what I’ve seen on other products. I was totally expecting the camera to lose the USPS lady at the next house as the trees were obviously in the main frame.

But nope !!!

If your testing proves out I might have to break down and buy one too! Right now I’m a little light in the wallet due to a laser / radar purchase!

Attachments

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Appreciate the confirmation as it seemed it happened when the camera was bobbing up and down?!?
The image tearing was not there but The camera still seems to have a shaky image when PTZ move at high speed , but I think that's because of the screw. If that doesn't resolve after getting that screw in, then I may have to investigate further. But I'll start with that and hopefully that resolves that.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I think the camera firmware may have a bug, or I am doing something completely wrong and missing something. I feel like...

So under VCA --> Smart Event --> Line Crossing.

When I start setting rules, it seems like you can have up to 4 rules for this, and you can only draw a line, which is fine. So no zig-zag or anything like Dahua. However, what seems to be strange is that I draw a line to Preset 1, and then when I click Preset 2, there is nothing I can add. It just keeps showing the same rule no matter what preset I choose from the side, and it does not matter which preset I am on; the same rule keeps applying. Does that sound normal? What am I missing I feel like there should be a way to draw different rules or line for different presets.

1715917764931.png