I like the recent addition of camera IR toggle on off function - Thanks Blue Iris

WineFarmer

n3wb
Reaction score
In case you didn't notice the recent addition of an IR toddle (on/off) icon at bottom center of multi-camera window (looks like a classic filament light bulb) check out the function to improve your night-time images from some dome cameras.

We have a outdoor dome mounted PT-IR camera (Agasio A622W) and the glare from the internally mounted camera IR elements on the interior of the dome made the camera largely ineffective at night. We have a large off axis IR illuminator that gives the camera a good night-time image - when the A622 internal IR elements are turned off.

Thank you Blue Iris for recently adding this feature. :encouragement:

WineFarmer

n3wb
Reaction score
BI V4 Question - Help! where did camera IR toggle on off function go in V4?

In case you didn't notice the recent addition of an IR toddle (on/off) icon at bottom center of multi-camera window (looks like a classic filament light bulb) check out the function to improve your night-time images from some dome cameras.

We have a outdoor dome mounted PT-IR camera (Agasio A622W) and the glare from the internally mounted camera IR elements on the interior of the dome made the camera largely ineffective at night. We have a large off axis IR illuminator that gives the camera a good night-time image - when the A622 internal IR elements are turned off.

Thank you Blue Iris for recently adding this feature. :encouragement:
=============

BI V4 Question - Help! where did camera IR toggle on off function go in V4?

bike_rider

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The control icon is just under the live view portion of the screen, above the time line, on the right side. If you do not see it, right click and select "Show PTZ Controls" on the menu.

WineFarmer

n3wb
Reaction score
bike-Rider - thank you for the comment.

I had the "Show PTZ Controls" selected - but apparently if you do not have the BIv4x screen display maximized or stretched (enough) horizontally, the listen, mic, and IR toggle icons are not visible even if the PTZ menu is active. I run the BI screen window in a reduced size to allow other apps to show on my monitors.

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I discovered a related thing but I'm not sure if it is a feature or a bug. If you turn on PTZ in the camera properties, for a camera that is NOT a PTZ camera, you now have the ability to remotely toggle the IR with the same UI button, at least if worked for my Hikvision bullet cameras and domes after I selected the Hikvision from the drop down menu in the same PTZ settings tab. LIke I said, I don't know if this is the way that was intended, but I like the option. I would prefer to always have the option with non-PTZ cameras without having to enable the PTZ options though since BI can obviously control that function.