I have had all kinds of things originate from my property, but never this.....

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
I guess I am getting soft in my old age. Ever gone rainbow chasing, but could never figure out where the end of it was at, so you could dig up the pot-o-gold? Sitting here watching the storm blow in and all of the sudden, there it was.....the end of the rainbow, 25' from where I am sitting.....as soon as it quits raining, I am gonna fire up the excavator to look for that pot-o-gold.......:headbang:Taken from my Office Deck Hikvision PTZ.....

OfficeDeck.20220803_174504422.1.jpg

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
I guess I am getting soft in my old age. Ever gone rainbow chasing, but could never figure out where the end of it was at, so you could dig up the pot-o-gold? Sitting here watching the storm blow in and all of the sudden, there it was.....the end of the rainbow, 25' from where I am sitting.....as soon as it quits raining, I am gonna fire up the excavator to look for that pot-o-gold.......:headbang:Taken from my Office Deck Hikvision PTZ.....

View attachment 135454

So ya don't just think I got oil on my camera lens, I snapped a couple of shots with my IPhone, too.......:wave:

IMG_7661.JPGIMG_7660.JPG

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe it's my age but to this day whenever I see a rainbow, I don't see anything to do with LGBQT+whatever......I see not only God's promise but also a spectacular, natural phenomenon of tiny water droplets refracting visible light into its comprised wavelengths/colors, always in the exact order, top to bottom. The conditions have to be right and it's a real treat for me. I especially delight in seeing a double when it's very well defined and the colors are saturated.

Last edited:

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Can't lie, I always have the same urge as @Smilingreen which is to find that pot of gold. I'm pretty sure the vast majority of people growing up in North America can relate to Santa, Tooth Fairy, etc.

But, none of these things have materialized in a real way for the small child or grown up. :(

A rainbow is something everyone literally can see, enjoy, and (IF) they so happen to have been told the Pot of Gold story is at the end of the rainbow. This, is something that pops in many peoples minds even if they don't acknowledge it, accept it, or even act on it. :confused:

This is something that is completely harmless yet inspires others to dream and enjoy life. Much thanks to the OP for reminding all of us there are just things we can enjoy just looking around. :thumb:

Rock On . . .

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
I haven’t seen a rainbow for what seems like forever. Given this post it reminded me to just look around and enjoy life. What do I see at the crack of dawn?!?

Really wish the camera could pick up the amazing colours which the photo doesn’t show clearly.

Regardless, I’m on the hunt!

IMG_0700.jpg