I have a problem with the rotate function on the HIKVISION cameras...

marle1337

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry for this then. I must have read wrong :/. I will reply back to you in 1 week or so. Sorry for wasting your time :)

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No problem. We want to help but please when people ask for help try to give as much information as possible and try to have as open a mind as possible.

As long as your camera is fixed then my time hasn't been wasted.

marle1337

n3wb
Reaction score
I dont know about my camera yet. I dont have time for it untill tuesday next week :) But as said i will reach back so that you guys know about this worked or not.

Otherwise i apreaciate your help alot, and sorry for my dumbness.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The lingering question in my mind is... is Synology really incapable of displaying the correct aspect ratio for the video stream? I know the security camera industry has a love for stretching video frames to fill the screen, but usually this is just an option.

Kieran

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The lingering question in my mind is... is Synology really incapable of displaying the correct aspect ratio for the video stream? I know the security camera industry has a love for stretching video frames to fill the screen, but usually this is just an option.
There is a Fixed Aspect Ratio button in Synology's Surveillance Station live view. It displays the streams in their correct aspect ratios rather than stretching them.
This also works with rotated cameras, and will display in their proper post-rotation aspect ratio

Cal67

n3wb
Reaction score
I found a solution to this issue.

If you don't rotate the image within the camera settings and only rotate it within the Synology Surveillance Station - IP Camera - Edit Camera - Optimization - Rotate 90deg. Then the image will not appear stretched on the Live View.

marle1337

n3wb
Reaction score
Problem solved - The camera lens could be moved around. there was a aplit thingy that you should pull out before you could rotate it, thats why we couldnt do it before.
So just physically rotate the lese inside the dome - it can rotate 360 degress.