I have a created a guest ssid under openwrt 22.03 firmware on my tplink router - can not view/open camera by typing local ip address

curiousv

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello need some help with troubleshooting.
I created a separate wifi network for camera ...and I saw router gave an address like 192.168.8.--- and I can watch this cam wirelessly on app suggested by cam seller but when I type of this local ip address on my browser
nothing happens....I tried port 80/ port 53 and port 67
nothing works ..it always says site not reachable.

I am making sure that my phone is on same guest network as those cameras are ...and trying that local ip address on same phone ...
can someone suggest what am doing wrong?

I am just testing this setup ...eventually I am going to install poe camera with dual nic and poe switch

VideoDad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm making sure that my phone is on same guest network as those cameras are ...and trying that local ip address on same phone ...
can someone suggest what am doing wrong?
Most routers create a guest network with client isolation enabled. That means two devices, even if on the same guest network subnet can't see each other.

Check your router to see if you can disable that setting for testing.

By the way, doing things this way doesn't really separate your cameras from accessing the internet which is one reason you'd want cameras separated. The fact your app can get to the camera tells me, the camera is probably calling home and would potentially be accessible by anyone.

Out of curiosity, what camera model is it?

obmozmoc

n3wb
Reaction score
You could ask this question in the OpenWrt forum. The guys there are incredibly skilled and helpful.