I guess I did something stupid- can not see any alerts in the time line.

AP514

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am continuous stream on my Cams (Direct to disk) but some how I lost all the alerts on the timeline. what did I screw up ?
I have motion for alerts. ATM--
was messing around with the settings and went full on stupid I guess.........

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
One place to check in Blue Iris is to make sure that the shield, located on top of the screen next to the active window, is green. If it is, then that part is working. If it is red, then click on the shield and it will turn from red to green.

This setting can be used to disable a number of selectable settings. To add or remove these setting go to the gear icon (top left screen) select "Other" and under "Shield & camera pause" see what is checked.

Note that any items checked will be active (i.e. disabled) if the shield is red. Sometimes it is a good idea to uncheck all of these items if the shield on/off feature is not needed.

There may be other reasons for the missing tick mark, but this is one place to look just in case.

AP514

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
TY for the Reply--yup I am Green. I get clips on the left but the timeline used to give me Orange lines in the timeline that showed alerts..but now Timeline is just 1 big long blue bar. Using an older version of BI (a few years) a waiting a new MOBO and CPU to arrive.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There are just way too many variables it could be. Post screenshots of all the settings tab from a problem camera that you know has triggered.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
does your version of BI have these settings in individual camera " Record tab"?
I doubt that you changed each camera......
and i'm not sure how Triggers vs. Alerts show on Timeline
1695002608618.png

AP514

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
only using 1 CAM to TEST atm.....all my settings are about the Same only my Cut is at 6MB not 8....Also noted in my older Version of BI I have is Continuous +Triggered Each
Maybe my Trigger setting is off some how. Doing Motion detection...