I give up! (Chinese cameras) need help/recommendations.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Y-Cam definitely misses the motions sometimes. I have been playing a lot with different settings, sensitivity, .. but it either records too much or just sometimes forgets to record.
Always always always have motion detection set to record too much. You can't prevent falsing in outdoor situations without missing lots of important motion, particularly at a distance. Set email alerts to a stricter standard but record everything that might be interesting.

If you've got your MD sensitivity set to record just about every twitch and the Y-Cam is still missing events, well, "Y" not pitch it in the garbage and get something better? A garage cam doesn't need stellar brains in the MD department so repurposing it might be a good excuse to replace it outdoors.

pr1970

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I admit installation of Y-Cam is a matter a few times clicking Next button and it is then set up within no-time, including their own App (in my case Android). I've myself a few months an outdoor bullet, both WIFI and wired but I never use the WIFI.
I dunno about Ucam247 1080p but Y-Cam definitely misses the motions sometimes. I have been playing a lot with different settings, sensitivity, .. but it either records too much or just sometimes forgets to record.
The ucam247 seems very good, i havent really touched the motion sensitivity but I have the app set to motion sensor and it seems to ping me reliably when there is any movement. I live in a quiet road and it picks up anyone who walks or drives past that i`ve noticed at least.