I forgot how I set it up b4 but I need my Hikvision speed dome to switch positions at dusk and dawn

Reaction score
it's a model DS-2DF8C842IXS-AELW and during the day it is zoomed out to the end of the street (position 1) and I need it to switch back to position 5 at duck other wise it is useless till I move it.

when I forget to move it

fuzzy wyzzt.jpg

when I move it

more like it.jpg

Last edited:

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
Hopefully Hikvision allows for commands to be sent over ip like the Dahua cameras do. If they do, then it is a pretty simple task of setting up some automated tasks in BI. The easiest thing to do is probably refer to the Dahua day/night switch utility thread as it contains a pretty good walk through on how to set it up inside of BI (rather than using the Dahua SunriseSunset app). Dahua day/night switch utility - DahuaSunriseSunset

EDIT - actually you might not even need the ip commands. Simply use the actual PTZ Preset functionality of the system.

Reaction score
Hopefully Hikvision allows for commands to be sent over ip like the Dahua cameras do. If they do, then it is a pretty simple task of setting up some automated tasks in BI. The easiest thing to do is probably refer to the Dahua day/night switch utility thread as it contains a pretty good walk through on how to set it up inside of BI (rather than using the Dahua SunriseSunset app). Dahua day/night switch utility - DahuaSunriseSunset

EDIT - actually you might not even need the ip commands. Simply use the actual PTZ Preset functionality of the system.
thanks I will give that a try