I caught me a Looky-loo

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
From what I can tell I caught my first lawn looky-loo this morning.

I am one of the few in my neighborhood who keeps the sidewalk edged and takes care of their lawn through the summer. This guy seems to be either appreciative or surprised.

2023-07-16_17-03-52_000.jpeg
2023-07-16_16-59-46_000.jpeg
2023-07-16_17-10-25_889.jpeg
2023-07-16_17-10-17_029.jpeg
2023-07-16_17-10-36_791.jpeg

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

SOB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Kick ass lawn! I love the circular mowing pattern in the back yard. That’s gotta be tough to keep right around the fence, etc. I too am a lawn snob but with 3.5 acres to mow surrounded by fields of weeds and rodents I have to let something slip.

whoami ™

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Damn... Look at those domination lines... Nice work sir. If it hadn't rained here as much as it has over the last two weeks I'd be dominating my neighbors right now too.

What grass type are your working with? Im growing St. Augustine so I cant get as good of stripes as you have but its thick and lush. Yours looks like St. Aug but those stripes make me think other wise.

SOB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Damn... Look at those domination lines... Nice work sir. If it hadn't rained here as much as it has over the last two weeks I'd be dominating my neighbors right now too.

What grass type are your working with? Im growing St. Augustine so I cant get as good of stripes as you have but its thick and lush. Yours looks like St. Aug but those stripes make me think other wise.
Looks like OP is in Indiana so I doubt St Aug. as that’s a warm season grass. I’m guessing KBG or a KBG Ryegrass mix based on the fine blades but I’m no expert.

SOB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Doubt it. Zoysia is also a warm season grass we don’t have much up here in Indiana and Ohio (where I’m from). We are starting to see some of those get planted in this region, mixed w other grasses, as the annual temps warm up year after year as they are summer heat/drought tolerant.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Doubt it. Zoysia is also a warm season grass we don’t have much up here in Indiana and Ohio (where I’m from). We are starting to see some of those get planted in this region, mixed w other grasses, as the annual temps warm up year after year as they are summer heat/drought tolerant.
It's possible....:cool:

Excerpt:

"Zoysia grass is among the best (and one of the only) warm-season grasses for seed in Indiana."

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
What method do you use to edge?
I used to use the string trimmer, but now use a blade edger attachment on my trimmer. I would like to switch to a dedicated string trimmer and stick edger though.

Kick ass lawn! I love the circular mowing pattern in the back yard. That’s gotta be tough to keep right around the fence, etc. I too am a lawn snob but with 3.5 acres to mow surrounded by fields of weeds and rodents I have to let something slip.
It's not too difficult, but can be a pain keeping the direction right when you need to jump a circle.

It's a typical KBG, rye, fescue mix. I made the mistake of overseeding with Kentucky 31 when we moved in and am regretting it. I would like to burn the front yard down and go straight KBG. This is also without my striper (it broke) and no sweep on the back of the mower.

DanDenver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Why are there 3 mail boxes on the deep green grass? (I presume the deep green grass to be yours)
Or am I not seeing correctly? there is one by the sign, one by the driveway and one by the fire hydrant. Just curious!

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Why are there 3 mail boxes on the deep green grass? (I presume the deep green grass to be yours)
Or am I not seeing correctly? there is one by the sign, one by the driveway and one by the fire hydrant. Just curious!
Because they put all mailboxes on the same side of the street to make it easier for the mail to be delivered. I just get to be the lucky one that has a fire hydrant, 3 mailboxes, half of a speed limit sign, and half of a power transformer.

I am currently trying to find a way to move them so it is easier to mow and deal with. I am hoping I can get them in the same area and put a bed around them that will allow me better lighting on the flag and a position to possibly put some cameras.