I can't log in to my ip camera after changing it's ip

a7m221

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello there
I have an ip camera with NO reset button and i changed its ip to [192.168.254.8] so that i can plug it in plug&play mode in my hikvision nvr dirctly for poe (the camera is from UXD)
That worked and the camera is working fine but i cant access its web interface anymore
After searching i found out that the camera is in a different subnet mask now thats why I can't access it ..
How can i find out what subnet is the camera on ?
The attachment is last thing i saw in the camera web page after changing its ip

Attachments

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If the camera is POE. Connect the camera to a poe switch (or injector) and connect the poe switch to your PC. Change the IP address on the PC to match the same subnet as the camera. The mini network is your PC, camera, switch, nothing else. Login to the camera using a the internet explore web browsers, ignore the download plug in request. Change to camera ip address.

There are other tools that can do the same job, but i know nothing about UXD

a7m221

n3wb
Reaction score
If the camera is POE. Connect the camera to a poe switch (or injector) and connect the poe switch to your PC. Change the IP address on the PC to match the same subnet as the camera. The mini network is your PC, camera, switch, nothing else. Login to the camera using a the internet explore web browsers, ignore the download plug in request. Change to camera ip address.

There are other tools that can do the same job, but i know nothing about UXD
Im doing that right now but ie keep saying you're not connected to a network

Camera -to- poe injector -to- pc but still nothing

Attachments

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
See if you can not specify the default gateway and the DNS servers. Or set them to junk numbers. not sure why the PC wants the network.

If this windows 10, i have never tried it on windows 10.

a7m221

n3wb
Reaction score
See if you can not specify the default gateway and the DNS servers. Or set them to junk numbers. not sure why the PC wants the network.

If this windows 10, i have never tried it on windows 10.
I think i have bad poe injector doesn't want to work with any other camera and no activity light comes when connected to nvr/computer ill try with different one tomorrow and tell you what happens thank you so much

civic17

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You are setting your PC IP to the same as the gateway 192.168.254.1 don't think that will work. Try something different like 192.168.254.10 or just set PC to obtain IP by DHCP.