I can not see the HikVision Camera after installing the plugin on Microsoft Edge

busterboy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I hardly call my NVR and cameras old..:lmao:

Last edited:

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If we could waltz into Best Buy/Walmart/Target and pick up a "Silicon Valley" camera that used the latest image sensor technology and didn't require a recurring subscription service to use, most of us wouldn't be here! :)

But here we are...

IMO, Dahua/Hik serve the "professional surveillance" market. Their product is designed to be sold/installed by channel partners that will meet with clients, understand the client's needs, then design, install and support a Dahua/Hik solution for them. Their product is NOT designed to be sold/installed directly by end users like us.

I'd be very surprised if there are a lot of professionally designed/installed Dahua/Hik solutions that have clients who want to access the cameras from a web-browser. I'd guess that most clients access the cameras through a NVR using the Dahua/Hik smartphone/computer app primarily, web browser secondarily. And with by far the largest web browser marketshare going to Chrome, I can see why that'd be the browser focus.

Peter Myers

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have installed the required plugin but I am still unable to see the camera on the Edge browser while I am still able to view them on the old Internet explorer.

Any suggestion please
why would you want to use edge?? ohhh to share your data with microsoft.. lol j/k I was going to say I spent about 2 hrs trying to get microsoft edge to display the cameras... took me 15min to get internet explorer to work.. so i just use internet explorer for camera stuff if i need to.

nightearth

n3wb
Reaction score
Hikvision's IP cameras do support MS Edge - just not the older series of models.
This is DS-2CD2385G1-I via Edge.

View attachment 70125
thank you for sharing this with us, but I want the manager to see the the whole cameras. The IP of our NVR is 100.20.1.30
If I put this IP on the IE he can access the NVR, but it is always asking him to install the plugin when he open it on Edge.
What shall I check exactly please please
I can provide you with the DVR and NVR model and the firmaware.