I can do this!

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Actually that is SmartIR and a CVI cam, better SmartIR than most all of my IP cams. Though I could adjust it down a bit. CVI cams allow you to adjust the intensity of how much and how fast SmartIR reacts.

Watch it closely at 4:38:32 , problem is he’s only 12-18” from the cam

Also look closely at the whole cat. he's black with big blonde splotches around his neck and face... those light areas are the blonde splotches...

Last edited:

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
Notice how cats bob their heads back and forth as they're judging the distance for a leap. They always seem to do that. Maybe it gives them better 3-D depth perception sort of information.

We had a cat when I was a kid that we played with extensively jumping for objects because she was such a good jumper. The play probably built her muscles up for it, too. She was a small cat, and yet, she could jump from the floor to the top of our refrigerator in one leap. It always amazed me. I'd like to be able to jump vertically ten times my body length! Some may not like this, but she could also just lay down in the grass and jump up and catch flying birds as they flew over her. That's probably not a good thing, but it did demonstrate her amazing agility, aim, and ability to predict the flight path of a bird so she could get the timing right. Cats are pretty incredible.