I’m just looking!

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
My $50 camera was just a "Quote" could have been a $200 Ring camera not sure what his intention was but he was interested in what was under the cover of what looks like a car until he noticed the camera.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
While the debate will forever rage over gun / no guns. Like many here and around the world. If you enter my property which clearly states all manner of security and warning signs as to pending danger.

If you proceed to cross over the breach line . . .

Well, you have by default given up any reasonable expectations of walking out. Humans are the only animal that can literally override the natural instinct to run and stay alive?!?

Everything else in nature knows to leave for the sake of personal safety & survival!

Unlike many of my friends and family who reside in The United States. Canada does not have a stand you’re ground / no retreat laws. Having said this people are hard pressed to prove a persons state of mind and the level of fear! In Canada depending upon the Province the over arching rule is proportional response.

How that translates varies depending upon the liberal cunts at the time of policing, prosecutors, and judges. The phrase better to be judged by 12 vs carried out by six is normally used in jest or hyperbole!

Yet in these insane times it’s more true than not! My cousin and I have been sporting this sign for decades in various forms. Most people laugh when they see it while others pay heed as they know it’s not a joke!

You cross the breach line in some parts of Texas. No one is going to find you because you’re either melted down or fed to the pigs! Regardless, no one should ever believe taking a life is as easy as flipping a switch. Every person I know including myself wake up some days pondering what if.

Should a, could a, would a . . .

IMG_7857.jpg

Stay Safe & Rock On . . .

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm more than happy to live in the UK TonyR with the gun laws we have now but if my auntie had balls she would be my uncle if I lived in USA then my opinion might change as everyone is allowed to voice their opinion even if some don't wish to hear that.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
...... if I lived in USA then my opinion might change as everyone is allowed to voice their opinion even if some don't wish to hear that.
That's what we're doing here but I like to "qualify" my opinion with some reasons why I have that opinion.

When anyone argues and says to the effect "...well, it's not right" or "but I don't like that" and they cannot say why or they cannot state some facts that corroborates their statement then I've got better things to do with my time than using up good oxygen.

Everyone has an opinion and is entitled to it...and if some people in the U.S. here don't wake up, put down their #$% phones, get off FB and look around to what's happening our First Amendment rights here will be gone...the current WH Admin, the MSM giants and their cronies in the Silicon Valley are working on that as we speak.

IMO, this thread began as a response to a camera capture posted by @Teken and has evolved into a discussion that is better taken to 2nd Amendment thread
and/or US Elections 2020+ (& Politics) :)

:cool:

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
That's what we're doing here but I like to "qualify" my opinion with some reasons why I have that opinion.

When anyone argues and says to the effect "...well, it's not right" or "but I don't like that" and they cannot say why or they cannot state some facts that corroborates their statement then I've got better things to do with my time than using up good oxygen.

Everyone has an opinion and is entitled to it...and if some people in the U.S. here don't wake up, put down their #$% phones, get off FB and look around to what's happening our First Amendment rights here will be gone...the current WH Admin, the MSM giants and their cronies in the Silicon Valley are working on that as we speak.

IMO, this thread began as a response to a camera capture posted by @Teken and has evolved into a discussion that is better taken to 2nd Amendment thread
and/or US Elections 2020+ (& Politics) :)

:cool:
I’d like to note it was not my intention to start a debate or discuss political ideas or concepts and agree if there’s an existing thread in IPCAM people should go there and duke it out.

It’s obviously hard to abstain from injecting any kind of opinion as it pertains guns. Given the video that I posted had a gun and offered a real world capture as to the current state of affairs in North America.

I don’t participate in the political threads as my goal and participation is mainly to share & learn about CCTV etc. There are tons of guys on this forum who aren’t remotely related to security but have years of personal experience in doing the same.

These same people in this forum and many others have continued to School this old dog about How To / Did You Know because their past experiences have given them insight and skills that easily translates to many other trades and industries.

Regardless, just wanted to share a video as to yet another daily occurrence some where in the world. The over arching theme is CCTV is important to provide evidence and proof. That technology can offer a level of health and safety.

That crime is everywhere and one can not rely on others to protect their castle and family.

Peace

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, we can't shoot people for entering our houses here in the UK. But my dogs are legally allowed to attack an uninvited guest in my house so long as I don't "tell them to do it". The dogs don't care about the value of property that someone intends to steal. In fact, they don't even care about the reason an intruder is in my house. The result is the same, you're dead...bitch.
Maybe you should ask some IRA veterans to help you out... i mean.. (illegal) immigrants from africa take everything you have and you are not allowed to stand up ? haha... better call IRA

mercfh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I come from a "Gun heavy state" (Kentucky) and although I consider myself a Moderate Democrat but I absolutely understand why guns are necessary in this state. For example there have been a slew of recent break-in's here lately in cars. Now it's mostly unlocked cars, and it's mostly teenagers. So do I think they deserve to be killed necessarily? Not exactly BUT I also understand the fact that if it was me against an intruder I would want to have a gun on me.

I think it would be a different mindset (understandably) if guns weren't so embedded in our society. But the fact is they are, this is not something that can be easily reversed. So I actually am surprised the owner in this video withheld shooting because a lot of people would just shoot (and rightfully so). Ideally in any situation you don't want to have to use a gun. For me that's what security cameras provide. A very obvious "Stay out" because really...I don't think most people WANT to take someones life. But it's 2am and someone is breaking into your home......well you really have no idea what they are going to do, and you sure as hell aren't going to sit them down and ask them if they are armed.

It's really an unfortunate "no-win" situation for anyone in these cases, and I understand both sides of the argument.......but it's just a different society where guns are just much more available and widely distributed compared to other countries. Now it's been more or less shown that anything from a baseball bat to mace is "about" as effective as stopping a home intruder.....but even that being the case I think most people (including myself) would probably rather have a fire-arm to be sure.

That being said if someone could snap their fingers and make 99% of guns disappear from the state and make them INSANELY difficult to get (something similar to Australia for example) I would absolutely be ok with that. I think it's fine for people to have guns for sport shooting/whatever but in an "ideal world" i'd rather them not be as available to everyone...however they are and unfortunately there is not an easy solution.

MicahJames

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm more than happy to live in the UK TonyR with the gun laws we have now but if my auntie had balls she would be my uncle if I lived in USA then my opinion might change as everyone is allowed to voice their opinion even if some don't wish to hear that.
My opinion is you’re a soft turd. I hate apologists for criminals. If someone rapes your mom or sister do they deserve to die? Yes/no? Where do you draw the line between the $50 camera and what YOU think is punishable by a forfeit of your life?

Butter. You guys won’t last a week when shit gets thick.
Hey that’s just my opinion which you say I’m entitled to. Cheers.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
My opinion is you’re a soft turd. I hate apologists for criminals. If someone rapes your mom or sister do they deserve to die? Yes/no? Where do you draw the line between the $50 camera and what YOU think is punishable by a forfeit of your life?

Butter. You guys won’t last a week when shit gets thick.
Hey that’s just my opinion which you say I’m entitled to. Cheers.
No problem fruitcake

7himnSH.png