Huisun V2 pooped out...any hope?

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have 2. A V1 that works fine still on POE for over a year and a V2 that is working on an external supply for maybe 6 months.

I really like the night image compared to my other cams that are some iteration of 2032 hiks. But they are definately not something I would rely on.
Just toys. Which really makes them useless except to see what the dog is doing.

I like fixed cams for security and will be buying Dahua going forward. The newer imagers look amazing.

pitts15

n3wb
Reaction score
With all the "bad press" for this camera on this site, I'm curious to know if ANYONE on this forum who has purchased one of these has one that worked for more than a year or two with no issues or that has not crapped out yet.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
I had 5 x V1. 3 died. the rest is working over 15 month with no issue. Two V1 wre restored with a new board send by Candy. 4 weeks later one died again.
I have 4 more V2. One arived dead and was send back 4 month ago. I'm still waiting for repair. Disconnection is normal :-( So I changed to Dahua: SD29204T-GN-W. Great Camera. No Problems but 4 weeks is to short... 20170106234929ch01.jpg

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I had 5 x V1. 3 died. the rest is working over 15 month with no issue. Two V1 wre restored with a new board send by Candy. 4 weeks later one died again.
I have 4 more V2. One arived dead and was send back 4 month ago. I'm still waiting for repair. Disconnection is normal :-( So I changed to Dahua: SD29204T-GN-W. Great Camera. No Problems but 4 weeks is to short... View attachment 13761
this is probably the worst huisun horror story of them all...thanks for posting an letting others know...

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have 4 more V2. One arived dead and was send back 4 month ago. I'm still waiting for repair. Disconnection is normal :-( So I changed to Dahua: SD29204T-GN-W. Great Camera. No Problems but 4 weeks is to short... View attachment 13761
How were the cams powered?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pitts15

n3wb
Reaction score
With normal power supply 12V. Some of them have PoE but I dont use it for the moment.

levian

n3wb
Reaction score
My experience with Huisun V1:

The two cameras I bought on ebay actually had no brand, but they are identical to the Huisun V1, so I believe they are the same.

Anyway, if I knew better, I would have installed them immediately after I received them instead of waiting a few months! The thing is, I did test them right away, but inside my home and just for a few hours. Eveything was working, or so I thought.

When I had time to install them outside, one of the camera kept rebooting at random times or whenever I used PTZ controls, but only when the night vision was active. During the day, it would work perfectly. (The other camera was working fine)

I believe it had something to do with overheating, because during the winter, the camera would work fine, no rebooting at all.

Long story short, after about 4-5 months, both cameras are dead as of yesterday (They won't power up or make any noises). I was using them with a PoE+ switch. Didn't bother testing with a power supply 12V.

On another note, I did buy a third one back then (from another seller) to replace the camera that kept rebooting during the night. So far, the camera is still working (3-4 months). But regardless, I won't be buying those anymore. (The dahua nayr linked looks tempting though :))

In the meantime, I'll be using the hikvision domes I have. So far all 4 of them are still doing good.

Last edited:

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I Installed a 2nd huisun ptz which I had bought months ago.i replaced the 1st huisun(alarm inputs) with the new huisun ptz.2 weeks so far and going good.i notice the 1st huisun ir lights are located at the bottom.2nd one is at the top.seems the 1st huisun is better at night.doesnt matter anyways.im going to replace the new huisun with that $328 dahua ptz any day now :)

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The 1st huisun still works.going to donate it to my brother :)

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Didn't bother testing with a power supply 12V.
Well they are junk. But had you read the threads here thoroughly, and I know that is difficult as they take a lot of left turns, the most common problem with the cams was poe. So much so that they started shipping them with a poe splitter! So the reboot thing many others experienced on poe (plus doesn't matter) and it was even theorized that continuing to run them poe, led to their demise. It is possible they would have worked on a 12vdc supply. My two have.

Ultimately it is water under the bridge if you are serious about a reliable camera for security. And they really piss off Fenderman and Nayr! (Bow in reverence)
Sounds like you are on the right track.

Did I mention they are junk?

Best

levian

n3wb
Reaction score
Well they are junk. But had you read the threads here thoroughly, and I know that is difficult as they take a lot of left turns, the most common problem with the cams was poe. So much so that they started shipping them with a poe splitter! So the reboot thing many others experienced on poe (plus doesn't matter) and it was even theorized that continuing to run them poe, led to their demise. It is possible they would have worked on a 12vdc supply. My two have.

Ultimately it is water under the bridge if you are serious about a reliable camera for security. And they really piss off Fenderman and Nayr! (Bow in reverence)
Sounds like you are on the right track.

Did I mention they are junk?

Best
Sadly, the only brand name I had was "Mini PTZ 10x". It took me a while to figure out that the Huisun actually looked identical and they both are the same.

I guess I was a little too excited about trying my first cheap PTZ camera and didn't do proper research. Anyway, lesson learned.

Might try to see if the power supply wil revive them out of curiosity

levian

n3wb
Reaction score
So I tried using a 12v power supply, and nope, not a single sign of life.

Will probably be getting that Dahua PTZ once my third Huisun craps itself, it looks really nice and people seem to like it. (I'll do some research this time though :))

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

Will probably be getting that Dahua PTZ once my third Huisun craps itself, it looks really nice and people seem to like it. (I'll do some research this time though :))
Dahua is a very reputable company selling reliable equipment

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I guess I was a little too excited about trying my first cheap PTZ camera and didn't do proper research. Anyway, lesson learned.
I'm in the same boat. After reading posts here by Nayr pointing out how complex one of these ptz cams really need to be, it seems reasonable they can't be cheap. As you said "Lesson learned".

Sorry to hear no joy on 12vdc. Good news is excuse to get Dahua!

Appears to be far better camera in every way as well as reliable. Speed, night image, focus etc.

pitts15

n3wb
Reaction score
it is a nice game that Huisun is playing with us:-( My Cameras are in different places: Germany and southern spain. Different climate zones. Spain hot Germany cold. Since yesterday one of the spanisch V1 does not remember presets. All other functions are ok for the moment. Restart does not help. The german V1 10x does not save any videos to the SD card since 2 days. Format is not possible. Are they crazy to sell those cameras? I had contact with Huisun and they send me replacement boards but the boards are WiFi boards?? It seems to be a total chaos with Huisun. I hope my experience with Dahua will be better. For the moment it looks good:)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
it is a nice game that Huisun is playing with us:-( My Cameras are in different places: Germany and southern spain. Different climate zones. Spain hot Germany cold. Since yesterday one of the spanisch V1 does not remember presets. All other functions are ok for the moment. Restart does not help. The german V1 10x does not save any videos to the SD card since 2 days. Format is not possible. Are they crasy to sell those cameras? I had contact with Huisun and they send me replacement boards but the boards are WiFi boards?? It seems to be a total chaos with Huisun. I hope my experience with Dahua will be better. For the moment it looks good:)
Huisun is a tiny no name hole in the wall company that a user here touted as good when in fact they are garbage...Dahua is a large well known camera maker that produces reliable cameras.

pitts15

n3wb
Reaction score
Huisun is a tiny no name hole in the wall company that a user here touted as good when in fact they are garbage...Dahua is a large well known camera maker that produces reliable cameras.
you convinced me:) In Germany we dont have Dahua. So I found it first last year by a message from you:) Thank you. The only way to get them is Alibaba. That takes time and money:) I think I will take two dahuas to spain and put them under the roof so rain will not reach the cameras. But I hope they can stand the sun:) More than 100°F or 40°C. I will tell you in April:)

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@pitts15 I have a dahua bullet which survived the summer heat.temps were about 90-106.but dahua cam was inside a bird house.birdhouse has no sidewalls.the bullet with alarm input is my fav cam.love the notifies:)