Huisun Mini PTZ V1 - Housing to Protect from Sun?

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am certainly not taking any chances and added splitter to all my mini ptz cams. It's clear it's a time ticking bomb using internal POE and if we had a moderator who cared he would have made a sticky by now.
That's kinda the way I was thinking...Better to do a simple fix now instead of risking it. Is Huisun offering to send these splitters to past customers? I mean, they can't cost more than 50 cents to them in China. Much cheaper to them than having to repair cameras and pay for return shipping.

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes no other additions needed your cam will continue to be powered by your poe+ switch. Splitter just splits data and 12v
Got the Splitter , installed camera works now .
Outside is 95'f so will see if this will still go offline/no signal , if it does i have to move the camera in the shed,as maybe the sun is to much for it! or build a small cover to protect the camera.

Thanks.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Got the Splitter , installed camera works now .
Outside is 95'f so will see if this will still go offline/no signal , if it does i have to move the camera in the shed,as maybe the sun is to much for it! or build a small cover to protect the camera.

Thanks.
Let us know how it goes.

FrankOceanXray

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
These cameras though are now shipping with an external POE, ya? This is a camera I have been looking into and may purchase.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Yes...I just ordered one from Jack Chan at CCTV IP Camera and he confirmed that they are shipping with the external POE dongle...

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cSzalfdW[/QUOTE] Welcome to the darkside... I mean bright...! :)

FrankOceanXray

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
There is lpr thread. I also been using one as lpr and satisfied with results.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you.

Interested to see how you hide the external adapter. Have any ideas?...
Hide it in an L-com POE compatible weather proof lightning abatement enclosure? Piece of Qake...and then no worries about ugly gobs of Coax-seal...or The Wrath Zeus invading your network!

L-com-01.jpg
L-com-02.jpg

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Good, hopefully the heat damage from internal poe wasn't extensive and it will live...
So woke up little early this morning and still dark out just before 6Am, and the Huisun camera was off-line/no signal! I have un-plugged the cable at the TP-link POE+ Switch and camera comeback to life and working.
Why is that? Maybe still a internal problem?

Or maybe may need a firmware update? as i never done one...
Here is what i have:

As for POE Splitter i am using this:
iCreatin Active 12V PoE power over ethernet Splitter Adapter, IEEE 802.3af Compliant 10/100Mbps, 12V output
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SM196AE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=ipctk-20

Also i just received 2 of this kind yesterday:
USG PoE Splitter To Power Non-PoE Cameras: "Splits" Incoming PoE Signal To 12V DC Power + RJ45 Ethernet Video, 10/100Mbps, 15.4W Per Port, IEEE 802.3af, True Plug-&-Play, Auto Detect, Designed For HD IP Video Surveillance Systems
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M5U4OFA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
(this is from http://www.cctv.supplies/index.php/urban-security-group-poe103-ip-power-over-ethernet-splitter.html but got from amazon cheaper)

Thank you...

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
No good, but if the camera already has these symptoms the damage my very possibly be already done. I have the same thing happening with my Longse s500 camera now as it goes off line daily when it's hot. As far as firmware it is old but it was stable for v1. You could attempt to reset it to default settings and see if that helps as well.

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So woke up little early this morning and still dark out just before 6Am, and the Huisun camera was off-line/no signal! I have un-plugged the cable at the TP-link POE+ Switch and camera comeback to life and working.
Why is that? Maybe still a internal problem?
I would still be curious to power the camera directly from a 2 amp 12vdc external supply and see what you get.

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No good, but if the camera already has these symptoms the damage my very possibly be already done. I have the same thing happening with my Longse s500 camera now as it goes off line daily when it's hot. As far as firmware it is old but it was stable for v1. You could attempt to reset it to default settings and see if that helps as well.
So in that case POE board may going to fail?
And for that firmware , is there a new one for the v1? as i never heard about Huisun to release one for the V1.

Thank you for your advice!.

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I would still be curious to power the camera directly from a 2 amp 12vdc external supply and see what you get.
Yes, i may try that option this weekend. Cam still online from last , but that is an option too. Testing this week for without the 2am/12vdc, then will other option.