Huisun Fanboy

dalepres

n3wb
Reaction score
It's amazing how fast these Huisun cameras are taking off. When I ordered my first one last summer there was little or nothing here about them. They fill a great niche.

I use these as my default or go-to camera. Even when I don't need PTZ, just having the from-the-couch adjustment is nice; hang the camera and you're done outside.

I have 7 of the 10X 2MP versions, one 4X 2MP from another vendor, one 3X 2MP from Huisun, and have one 4X 2MP that will be arriving in a couple days from Huisun. The 10X are 5 to 50mm lenses and are sometimes too narrow for my needs but the 3 and 4X are wider, starting at 2.8mm and zooming to 9 and 12mm, respectively. Technically, for my needs, the 4X would work for most of my cameras but I like the higher zoom where 5mm is wide enough when zoomed out; it just gives me more options that I like.

I have a 7-inch PTZ Speed Dome I bought for my 150 foot driveway and it works well for that, but I paid over 400 dollars for it and now I find that the 150 dollar 10X PTZ from Huisun would have done the job perfectly. I say this for those who are considering a similar situation. I find that the 10X PTZ from Huisun works perfectly, day and night, for an excellent view showing just over 20' wide at 150 feet - just perfect for seeing who's turning around in the driveway and making sure they keep going.

My cameras come from a total of 5 orders. Out of the 10 cameras of this series, I did have one failure. It worked for a couple days on the bench and failed when I hung it. Support from Monia Wen and Huisun was excellent and we worked out a deal to get it replaced.

I like that they use the Hikvision software but, maybe the only negative, is that they don't work with Hikvision's mobile software. Add to that that Huisun's own software is not available on the Google or Apple stores makes me nervous. Their mobile software was delivered by email. I'm not inclined to install it because I have to wonder why don't they have it on the stores - especially Google that doesn't have the same scrutiny that Apple has. I use the mobile software on my recorders to view these cameras instead.

Overall, I do love these cameras. I hope they hold up as well in the 110 degree peeks we'll get in northeast Oklahoma this summer. If so, they're definitely a 10 in my book.

dalepres

n3wb
Reaction score
Can you give any tips on making it work? My Hikvisions work but I haven't been able to connect my Huisuns.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
They use port 8000, just like Hikvision, you can change port in ivms4200

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
My problem is trying to get into the internals so I can change the shutter speed. I have tried all sorts of things to no avail. I am running XP and Windows IE 9. I am thinking of upgrading my computer.

acvb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Read every thread in this forum... then read every forum... then buy an ip camera from a local dealer who will help you set-up your 1st ip camera. READ-READ-READ is the best answer. If you don't read 1st, then you'll end up with a drawer full of trashed cameras that seem to not work. Once your 1st ip camera is set-up, you'll love this hobby. change ip, change password, learn what SADP does, set port forwarding port. You gotta read 1st. (if you are running a slow puter with old xp, then your 1st problem will be a slow puter that cant run an ip camera, revert back to reading )

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My problem is trying to get into the internals so I can change the shutter speed. I have tried all sorts of things to no avail. I am running XP and Windows IE 9. I am thinking of upgrading my computer.
What do you mean by "internals"? Are you referring to logging in with a web browser to adjust settings or do you mean accessing the raw codes so that you can adjust settings with a script?

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
What do you mean by "internals"? Are you referring to logging in with a web browser to adjust settings or do you mean accessing the raw codes so that you can adjust settings with a script?
Mainly I want to change the frames per second so I can read license plates at night. Maybe one or two others for the same purpose.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
just browse to your cam's ip address and set the 'exposure' to 1/500 or 1/1000 in the configuration/image/exposure section.