HTTP feed from a substream - 5231R

dastrix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hi guys

im trying to put web cam feeds into openhab, by using the URL encoded with the username/password.

I cant seem to work out how to get the live video feed. The only thing that works in the snapshot (http://admin:password@192.168.0.245/cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi

can anyone assist? RTSP isnt an option

thank you!

dastrix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah transcoding is something I want to totally avoid. Ill see if I can find the substream mjpeg options

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's basically just
Code:
/cgi-bin/mjpg/video.cgi?channel=1&subtype=2
you have to set up substream 2 first.

The other thing that could trip you up is digest authentication, but there's a setting on the camera you can use to turn that off if you need to.

Last edited:

dastrix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK, that appears to work! nice, thanks mate

dastrix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's basically just
Code:
/cgi-bin/mjpg/video.cgi?channel=1&subtype=2
you have to set up substream 2 first.

The other thing that could trip you up is digest authentication, but there's a setting on the camera you can use to turn that off if you need to.
Hi there, well you were right. Digest auth is tripping us up. Which is the setting to change as I only see under SECURITY an option for RTSP? I set it to BASIC and I can see in TCP dump its still using Digest

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi there, well you were right. Digest auth is tripping us up. Which is the setting to change as I only see under SECURITY an option for RTSP? I set it to BASIC and I can see in TCP dump its still using Digest
I think you're right, that setting may only effect the rtsp stream.

Simplest option is probably to figure out a way to get digest auth to work in open hab or whatever you're using.

dastrix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not that easy. Working with a freelancer who has tested a python wrapper thats worked - we will test it tomorrow on the cameras and see. I just dnt see why Dahua cant give people the OPTION