How to Turn Off Orange Rectangle that Highlights Trigger on SMS Alert Images?

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Last week my SMS alert images started to display the orange rectangle that highlights the object that triggered the alert. My guess is it started when my system was upgraded to 5.5.1.20 on 11/3.
I checked my Motion Sensors and they're all set to "Do not highllight motion." Can someone please tell me how to turn off the highlight on the alert image?

TBurt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For me they started appearing when I upgraded from v4 -> v5. Page 21 of the help file says:

I have no idea where "as configured" is.
I think you are referring to the burn label mark-up on alert image option. It is in AI section for burn label. The High-res jpeq is in the trigger section. Here is what the BI documentation says about this.

"If you select to Auto-flag confirmed alerts, these alerts will also be added to the Flagged
database view. You will be able to use the flag icon at the top of the clips list or in the iOS
or Android app to quickly get a list of only AI confirmed alerts.

Select Burn label mark-up onto alert images to replace the alert image with one where the
detected objects have been outlined and labeled. The new marked-up JPEG is also saved to
the Alerts folder if you have selected to store alerts as High-res JPEG files."

mioutlook

n3wb
Reaction score
This began happening for me on emailed alerts when I upgraded from 5.5.1.18 to 5.5.1.20. I have not had time to troubleshoot. No configuration changes were made.

I know these past updates have quite a bit to do with deepstack integration and the rectangles suddenly appearing on alerts might be related.

Last edited:

mioutlook

n3wb
Reaction score
That note is for version 5.3.4 released in 2020. I can verify that for me this did not start occuring until 11/11/2021 when I upgraded from 5.5.1.18 to 5.5.1.20 on several installs I have. For all versions before I did not have this issue.

I have confirmed that my settings are such that motion rectangles are not supposed to be displayed "as configured" and even unchecked a recently added Deepstack setting related to this on the status page.

I see that 5.5.3 has been released. I'll wait for a couple updates to see if this behavior changes,.

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, why are you trying to turn them off?
OP here -- After years of alerts without the rectangles, I found them annoying and wanted to turn them off. Now that I'm getting used to them. :)

mioutlook

n3wb
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, why are you trying to turn them off?
Mostly same as the OP. Was used to not having them. The jpeg images in my case are sent via email for a few key locations around the house and capture some pretty clear shots of folks who come to the door. They are still clear, but now have the boxes. Since I only get the emails when triggered on motion I don't need to know that motion was detected burned into the image.