How to tell if my HikVision IP camera is Chinese model or not?

cosmo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

I bought a HikVision DS-2CD2732F-I 3MP 2.8-12mm camera on eBay new for $100, which is obviously considerably less than new US retail.

How can I determine whether my camera is a Chinese grey market import?

There is no CH in the serial number. Just 9 numeric digits.

My firmware is V5.2.0 build 140721. I want to upgrade to v5.3.0_150513.

I have read the thread on modifying the firmware and run through all the steps, but I don't want to stuff it up.

Oh, and BTW, I tried to telnet to it but that times out, even though the camera is otherwise working perfectly. All the diagnostics say my IP address is correct. I wanted to have telnet working just in case I do stuff it up. Any ideas?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I have Chinese writing on labels for all my 3MP cams and box is gray color

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
curious why do you feel the need to upgrade? is something not working for ou on 5.2.0 that is fixed in 5.3.0?

cosmo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The manuals that came with my camera and NVR have minute writing. I can only read the online versions, but they match the latest firmware. I've noticed subtle differences. I also want to know what I have for important firmware upgrades.

cosmo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Okay, I will heed your advice. Thanks for the link to the other post. I am looking at the differences in the user manual to what was shipped to me vs. what's on the website and I do see additional enhancements but I haven't pinned them for sure to 5.3 over 5.2.