How to stream ip cam on mobile router to webpage???

ardor

n3wb
Reaction score
I would be so grateful for anyone's help! We have a project where we want to live stream the image of some trees to a webpage on our website.
The location is remote and so there is no broadband but there is electricity and a strong 4g signal, so we have tried a mobile 4g lte router connected to an outdoor ip cam.
The problem with this is that in the UK it does not seem that a data sim can have a fixed ip - it is behind a NAT.
Does anyone know of a way to do this?

Thank you in advance

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Short answer, you can use the RTMP protocol to stream to YouTube and then embedded the YouTube stream on your Web page.

Dahua cameras are pretty straight forward for this and firmwares since about a year have this feature. Not sure of every camera, if you have a specific model you're thinking of I can check.

Edit, here's a guide:

ardor

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey thank you so much, and will this work on a non fixed IP address?

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, that shouldn't be a problem as it's the camera connecting to YouTube and not the other way around.

ardor

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi genelit
are there cheaper cameras that might do this RTMP stream or can you recommend a Dahua one that is resonable?

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi,
There should be more brands offering RTMP but I don't know as I prefer Dahua.

I recommend to buy from @EMPIRETECANDY , he is a great guy offering good products - only superlatives !

Since you're anyway doing this you might as well get a reasonable camera to get a decent image :)