How to spot fake from real Dahua cameras

alekslyse

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is it any tell signs of fakes and real Dahua cameras? I think its been discussed a lot that its a hit and miss depending on where you buy, and its refered to one aliexpress site that sell real ones (but from what I know is still a Chinese / HK seller), but it would be interesting to know how to know if what you buy is real or not.

Of course the cameras that is half the price is obviously fake, but what else? Would be interessting to be able to educate a bit about the fake black marked and what to obviously avoid, also for those who bought cameras already.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it any tell signs of fakes and real Dahua cameras? I think its been discussed a lot that its a hit and miss depending on where you buy, and its refered to one aliexpress site that sell real ones (but from what I know is still a Chinese / HK seller), but it would be interesting to know how to know if what you buy is real or not.

Of course the cameras that is half the price is obviously fake, but what else? Would be interessting to be able to educate a bit about the fake black marked and what to obviously avoid, also for those who bought cameras already.
none are fake...the super cheap cams are china region only cameras that are hacked to english and some models also have inferior build quality using plastic parts...buy from a reliable seller

alekslyse

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
none are fake...the super cheap cams are china region only cameras that are hacked to english and some models also have inferior build quality using plastic parts...buy from a reliable seller
Well if it's not by dahua specs I would say it's fake?

I completely agree with you to buy from a reliable seller, but I feel it's one that is referred to, but I get the impression that if someone want to buy from eBay it's automatically low quality.

Just looking for a bit more overall information to prevent me and others getting bad product.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well if it's not by dahua specs I would say it's fake?

I completely agree with you to buy from a reliable seller, but I feel it's one that is referred to, but I get the impression that if someone want to buy from eBay it's automatically low quality.

Just looking for a bit more overall information to prevent me and others getting bad product.
it is dahua specs...built by dahua for sale in china only....
go ahead and buy from ebay - if the model is an international model it should be ok....if its worth the risk for you - since you are not well versed in these cams - you might night even know if you were duped before it was too late.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Search the official Dahua website. Check the exact model number of the cam you are interested in.
If you can't find it, it's a cam to avoid.