How to share a live bi camera feed?

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I would like to be able to share a single live BI camera feed or access to its video clips with others who do not have BI.
Is there a way to do this?

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
it can be shared easily with the ui3.
Just enable it in webserver tab under BI settings and u can access the live bi feed with google chrome with another machine as long as they are the same network / vlan.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^^.

You would also want to create a user, make them non-admin, set up username and password.
You can then assign a specific camera to a group and limit their viewing to only that group (needed if you have more than 1 camera on BI).
You can limit their bandwidth, login time, schedule their access time, allow PTZ functions, if they can see recorded clips or not and more.

All of this is covered in BI's built-in 'Help"...search for "users". :blankstare:

Last edited:

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
it can be shared easily with the ui3.
....as long as they are the same network / vlan.
? I am talking about someone in another location...they would not be on the same network so not sure I understand that part.

I'll check out the help files more thoroughly.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can the user set up motion alerts for themselves in the UI3 or only view the camera and clips?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
UI3 does not have push notifications. Push notifications can be done via the Blue Iris iOS and Android apps, but those apps are not free. I believe you can turn off push notifications for specific Blue Iris users.

To share your UI3 with someone else over the internet, you would need to forward a port, set up dynamic dns, and send them the address. There are a ton of guides for how to do this. I'm sure even the Blue Iris help file goes into some depth on the subject.

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
? I am talking about someone in another location...they would not be on the same network so not sure I understand that part.

I'll check out the help files more thoroughly.
the words "in another location" wasn't in your first post.

This is another complication. I'll give them vpn access then.

vpn + google chrome will work.

Last edited:

D0T-C0M

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So you want to share your live bi cam feeds?? Hahaha that made me laugh.

If you are not going to use a VPN and are simply configuring your BI webserver to access the internet through your router, than the person that you want to have access to your BI can connect using TonyR's direction above and you don't need to be on the same lan/vlan to have access to BI.

Last edited:

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
OK so I was able to share as discussed above. Set up a guest profile and ID\PW w just the cams I wanted them to see then gave them the blueiris.pro/go?... URL and it is working great for them.