How to setup Hikvision DS-2CD2042WD-I 4mm IP Camera on the DS-7716NI-SP/16 8 Channel NVR

Rayvee

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there I am in a bit of trouble here. I need to setup these cams on this NVR and it is not working.
I have one other camera on this NVR that is working. That is the Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I 3MP IR camera. This camera worked perfectly from the beginning, with no activation whatsoever.

So I was trying to setup the other cameras (DS-2CD2042WD-I) but these had to be activated first.
When I did that these cameras still would not view. I cannot get to them via sadp tool or the IVMS. What I view with these tools is only the NVR (DS-7716NI-SP/16 8 Channel NVR).

The Vendor told me that I need to upgrade the Firmware to the latest build, so I did that too (to V3.4.3) and noticed that the resolution of the only camera that was working started viewing very grainy and pixelated. On the Live view one could see also that the date of the camera has been pushed that much up that you can view half of the nu,bers and letters of the date and time stamp. It seems that the resolution is not right anymore. And I am viwing this on an HD TV screen.
Can this be fixed for this camera?

Also the other cameras (DS-2CD2042WD-I) are still not viewing as I said before. Can someone help me with information on how to setup these cams. And I am not asking for a Hikvision userguide how to setup any camera on this NVR. I need info on how to setup these cams in particular. If someone has some tips and tricks I can use to set these things up.

Thanks in advance,

Rayvee

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is the DS-2CD2042WD-I a Chinese copy or local stock. I've only had a issue with one camera which was a Chinese import and that was resolved by doing a setting the camera to factory settings and connecting it to my POE ports, where it auto configured.

Rayvee

n3wb
Reaction score
The NVR is a US version. Whitebox import. The difference with these cameras is that you need to activate the cameras with a password. It wont auto configure. Is there a firmware that I can load on to it that will let it auto configure?

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Even the cameras that need a password will be auto-configured with the NVRs password when they are first connected to the PoE ports on the NVR.