How to pause a preset?

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there a way to pause a preset location in BI? For instance, if I have a day and night preset for a ptz camera, but I would like to manually pan it, the preset would move the camera back to the preset location. Any way to pause this temporarily? Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a way to pause a preset location in BI? For instance, if I have a day and night preset for a ptz camera, but I would like to manually pan it, the preset would move the camera back to the preset location. Any way to pause this temporarily? Thanks
you can select which profiles the preset would be active under....so all you need to do is create a profile with no preset, then temporarily use that profile..make sure you copy all the other settings though..record motion alerts etc..

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Awesome. Will try this when i can get in front of the machine. Thanks fenderman!

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, I've created a new profile called Test and set the Temp Time to 5 minutes. I now have a Day, Night, and Test profile. When I look at the Global Schedule setting, I can select the Test profile from the drop-down menu. When I go to the PTZ camera, I can see the Test profile if I manually override the Global schedule, but the new Test profile does not show in the drop-down menu on the main screen under the preset numbers 1-5. Any ideas?

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just noticed that the top right profile buttons work. I can select any one of the three profiles I created and also change the profile in the BI app under settings.

Got that mixed up with the preset buttons below and it didn't help that I somehow changed the name of the preset to match the name of the profiles when I first set this up a while ago. Still trying to figure out how to change the preset name.