How to or can you even set IVS rules eg Tripwire in SMART PPS?

Chocman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to access the menu for setting up an IVS rule in SMART PSS or even whether it's possible? In the "manual" it states:

'In Live View interface, right click device in list, select IVS channel cfg'

When I right click the cam, in live view, I dont have that option, just Main Stream, Sub Stream, Modify Cam name and Smart Track Config. I am missing something here - I've right clicked, left clicked, double and triple clicked as many settings/menus in SMART PSS up and down and throughout, and still cant find any IVS setup screens.

flint350

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm no expert on SmartPSS (nor much else), but I think it depends on how you interface with the cameras. Either through an NVR or individually. Through the NVR, right clicking acts as you indicate. If you have imported the cameras directly - that is, as individual ip cams and not as sub channels under the NVR - then right clicking gives you the menu with IVS Channel Config as indicated in the manual. Here's are 2 screen grabs to better show what I'm trying to say. One shows rt clk on the camera directly imported into SmartPSS and the other shows the same camera as a sub menu under the NVR. By the way, I set up IVS in each camera individually, not in SmartPSS at all. Most people suggest doing it through the camera's interface in Internet Explorer and using SmartPSS mostly for monitoring and playback.

Attachments

toolazyforalogin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Your signature shows you are using a Dahua NVR. I've always found using SmartPSS is only best for viewing events (in fact only recently as the older version had an issue that wouldn't show the entire day). Nontheless I would suggest using the WebGui for making these changes and I'd use Pale Moon 32 bit browser to do it by navigating to the ip address of your NVR in the Pale Moon browser.

Then you click on the registration page and you'll see an Internet Explorer icon. click on that for each camera you want to make individual changes to. Then it will get "pushed" to your NVR.

There's a new thread with a similar question that Catcamstar responds to here: Follow this: Having trouble configuring Dahua IVS