How to mount the Cam to prevent them from Water damage?

Please enter the name by

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I bought as an Accessory for my Cam this Mounting Option: DS-1275ZJ-S-SUS
I will mount the Cam on an Pole but I dont know which one yet. I see the Cam is "IP67 Standard" so it mean at least Water-resistant. At the end a bunch of Cable come out.
I see there is this Box with the Cam: DS-1260ZJ can, does I have to put the Cable there to get them stay dry?
The manual say something like wrap the Cableend?! Can I just plug an Outdoor ethernet Cable into the Socket?
Thanks

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
I bought as an Accessory for my Cam this Mounting Option: DS-1275ZJ-S-SUS
I will mount the Cam on an Pole but I dont know which one yet. I see the Cam is "IP67 Standard" so it mean at least Water-resistant. At the end a bunch of Cable come out.
I see there is this Box with the Cam: DS-1260ZJ can, does I have to put the Cable there to get them stay dry?
The manual say something like wrap the Cableend?! Can I just plug an Outdoor ethernet Cable into the Socket?
Thanks
All of the cable will just go inside of the junction box. The camera comes with a RJ45 coupler / gland so use it and add some dielectric grease to the RJ45 end before you close it up. As best practice any of the extra I/O connectors should be covered with electrical tape and facing down.

This will prevent dust and moisture buildup from falling in / pooling up inside of the connector(s).

NOTE: If there is any exposed cable there should always be a Drip Loop to prevent water leaking in. Any screws / bolts you may use should be applied with Anti-Seize. In the worst case scenario you can just spurt a dab of outdoor rated silicone over the head of the screw / bolt to guard against rust / corrosion. :thumb:

Rock On . . .

Please enter the name by

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
:oops: Sound a lot of work.
outdoor rated silicone
That stuff who are used in the Bathroom? I will going to your local Hardwarestore and see what the offer. I dont know yet where I will mount them.
Today I just received the Cam in some Weeks the Mountin bracked will follow when the Company where I got the Cam get them from China. I was luck to got the Cam in time.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you need to remove one of its blank plugs and come into that box (specs say it's a G3/4 [British] ) with a cable gland, a metric M25 will fit since these glands are plastic (don't over-tighten and don't do that with plumbing) and outside collar should tighten down snug to your CAT cable. If not snug enough, a few turns of electrical tape on the CAT cable (or even better, self-fusing rubber tape) before tightening the collar should suffice. ==>> uxcell 4Pcs M25 Cable Gland Waterproof Connector Plastic Wire Glands Joints White for 9mm-17mm Dia Wires
M25-cablegland.jpg

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
:oops: Sound a lot of work.

That stuff who are used in the Bathroom? I will going to your local Hardwarestore and see what the offer. I dont know yet where I will mount them.
Today I just received the Cam in some Weeks the Mountin bracked will follow when the Company where I got the Cam get them from China. I was luck to got the Cam in time.
The key word is Outdoor Rated as its designed to not shrink or impacted by UV / extreme temperature. In the worst case scenario if that's all you have - That is fine! :thumb:

All you're doing is covering the head of the screw / bolt with just a dab so it doesn't rust.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No, the screws will rust LOL. They do not provide stainless screws.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So this: Delock Produkte 60474 Delock EX-Kabelverschraubung M25 grau 2 Stück

I guess I need first put the Cable truth and than mount the connector to the Ethernet Cable?
The M25 size for the threaded part that fits into the box is OK but the bushing for the cable diameter size, 13 to 18mm, is much too large; CAT-5e cable is about 6mm.
However, if you cannot obtain a smaller size range, like 6 to 12mm, for the cable bushing then just wrap a few turns of self-fusing rubber tape around the CAT cable until the fit is snug.