How to make IVS work if pointed to the ground?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
The problem is your lines are going in the wrong direction. That double ended blue arrow is the direction of travel in which crossing the lines is detected. For you the person will be coming North to South or vice versa, and the direction of travel line is East / West.
The direction arrow doesn’t work that way. It simply indicates crossing the line in or out. There’s no East/west/north/south setting…

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Post an actual clip of a human walking up to and leaving the door. I think there’s enough angle for it to work.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I agree with the others. Looking down at the tops of heads is probably the issue. Lower the cam so it has a more straight shot of the face. The top of the head won’t help you make an ID of an intruder anyway.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here is another one that triggered below the knees LOL. I think it is your height and the boobie cam being underpowered.

1688221718897.png

amrogers3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Maybe but don't you also want a facial ID?
That is what the other camera in the Boobie cam does. Plus I have about 3 other cameras that overlap that I should get facial ID. I need to know when there is someone at my door that shouldnt be. This is my last point where an alert can be generated before they are kicking in my door.

amrogers3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Also keep in mind that the boobie camera is a great camera and serves a purpose, but the processor in it is undersized and many people have seen it struggle with IVS even with a better field of view.

Are you running IVS on both cams? If so, try it on just one.
Yes running on both cams. Maybe I should also reduce the number of IVS triggers I have on the problem cam?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I would turn them off on the other cam temporarily and see if this downview cam then triggers.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Also keep in mind that the boobie camera is a great camera and serves a purpose, but the processor in it is undersized and many people have seen it struggle with IVS even with a better field of view.

Are you running IVS on both cams? If so, try it on just one.
I've finally mounted my BoobieCam that I'm using for facial detection for people entering/leaving my front entrance. Both channels are set for facial detection. I'd previously posted that I was having trouble getting the second channel to detect faces when both channels were set to 15 fps. Channel one was fine but channel two was picking up maybe 10% of the faces.

Reducing the fps to 5 on both channels fixed it. Like you said, it's underpowered and channel one was getting priority over channel two.

amrogers3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
the processor in it is undersized and many people have seen it struggle with IVS even with a better field of view.
How about triggering on the NVR instead? I am running a Dahua NVR:

DHI-NVR608-32-4KS2
System VersionV4.001.0000001.1, Build Date: 2020-08-12
Security Baseline VersionV2.1

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've finally mounted my BoobieCam that I'm using for facial detection for people entering/leaving my front entrance. Both channels are set for facial detection. I'd previously posted that I was having trouble getting the second channel to detect faces when both channels were set to 15 fps. Channel one was fine but channel two was picking up maybe 10% of the faces.

Reducing the fps to 5 on both channels fixed it. Like you said, it's underpowered and channel one was getting priority over channel two.
Oh yea, I forgot about that!

Try dropping FPS.

Or use the NVR AI if it has it, but keep in mind that does restrict the NVR in other areas that may throttle something else you have going on.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
I'll test this today. Thanks for the suggestion.
It worked immediately for me with the cam on the test bench and me sticking my ugly mug in front of each lens. Installed the cam and left both channels @ 5 fps.

The channel facing the street has an 8mm lens installed to narrow the view. The cam is detecting faces of people on motorcycles going 15mph even both riders in some cases. And at 5 fps, it's the first or second frame that they appear so turning the fps down absolutely solved my issue and I hope it solves yours.

Neat cam but a bit underpowered.

amrogers3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It worked immediately for me with the cam on the test bench and me sticking my ugly mug in front of each lens. Installed the cam and left both channels @ 5 fps.

The channel facing the street as an 8mm lens installed to narrow the view. The cam is detecting faces of people on motorcycles going 15mph even both riders in some cases. And at 5 fps, it's the first or second frame that they appear so turning the fps down absolutely solved my issue and I hope it solves yours.

Neat cam but a bit underpowered.
Did you try 25, 20, 15, etc, and the only one that worked was 5 or did you just move straight to 5 fps?