How To Log In To A Foscam 'Mode' ?

abrogard

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a Foscam clone that Blue Iris can't connect to and I think it is probably because of the screen that the Foscam throws up after you log in where it asks which mode you want: for IE or for Firefox or for portable or something.

How do I configure Blue Iris to enable it to handle that?

We have Contacam here, too, and it connects without any problem - so that indicates the camera is okay.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a Foscam clone that Blue Iris can't connect to and I think it is probably because of the screen that the Foscam throws up after you log in where it asks which mode you want: for IE or for Firefox or for portable or something.

How do I configure Blue Iris to enable it to handle that?

We have Contacam here, too, and it connects without any problem - so that indicates the camera is okay.
blue iris does not log into the web interface...you simply have something set wrong.

abrogard

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oh, okay. I'll look around some more. But Blue Iris logs in to the camera else why have the username and password? But that's not what you mean?

Edit: All fixed. You were quite right. I had the wrong kind of Foscam checked.

So how do Blue Iris and Contacam get past that 'mode' screen I always get when I use a browser?

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, okay. I'll look around some more. But Blue Iris logs in to the camera else why have the username and password? But that's not what you mean?
yes, not the way you think, its not using the http "interface" to login...

abrogard

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hmmm.. so can we also 'not use the http interface' somehow, other than by having contacam or blue iris do it for us... it is a tricky complicated thing or a few lines of code ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
hmmm.. so can we also 'not use the http interface' somehow, other than by having contacam or blue iris do it for us... it is a tricky complicated thing or a few lines of code ?
you can pull the rtsp stream via vlc, but you wont be able to change any settings...use IE..

abrogard

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hmmm shunned IE for years..... thanks... I'll look into it.

I want to ask about changing brightness/contrast. should I start a new thread?
I have three cams on this test setup: dahua, foscam and webcam.
I would like to change brightness/contrast on each of them. is possible with blue iris?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
hmmm shunned IE for years..... thanks... I'll look into it.

I want to ask about changing brightness/contrast. should I start a new thread?
I have three cams on this test setup: dahua, foscam and webcam.
I would like to change brightness/contrast on each of them. is possible with blue iris?
blue iris can do this for some cams...it is much easier to simply log into the interface...your computer will not explode if you log into the camera using IE, trust me..
with onvif cameras you can use the onvif device manager to change some settings....

abrogard

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for that. The onvif mngr worked well for the dahua.