How to limit size of video clips

Reaction score
Hi.

The issue I'm having is Blue Iris stores up to 4 gb for each video clip. When I export that to an mp4 format, it exports fine, but the software I'm using to edit/trim the videos (Windows Photos), only opens about 5 minutes of each clip and cuts off the remaining. So, I either need to find a way for Photos to open the entire file, get a different video editing software or have Blue Iris save smaller chunks of video rather than 4 gb. Is there a way to do this in Blue Iris and if not, can anyone recommend a free video editing software that can handle 4 gb files? I just need to trim the video - no other fancy editing. Thanks!

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
are you doing " combine or Cut each Video ____ hrs ____min ____GB? on each individual camera?
if so rather than save by size, try saving by time? like clip each video every 5 min or 0.5 GB? maybe experiment a little.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
mine is set to clip every 15 min or 4gb, not sure which comes first. Probably the time.
so I checked a 5MP camera.
it's clipped about every 500MB for 15 minutes of idle video,

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
but im looking at folders that are in .bvr format.
If your exporting motion events, and choosing .mp4.... slide the red and blue sliders to shorter period of time.

Reaction score
but im looking at folders that are in .bvr format.
If your exporting motion events, and choosing mp4 slide the red and blue sliders to short period of time.
I was only looking at the general settings, but as you said, I went into the individual camera settings and see the time/gb limit, so I can adjust that and it should take care of my issue! Longer term I should probably get a better video editing tool, but this should work in the meantime. Also, I guess if there were a way to export only a portion of the 4gb clip that would be fine also, but didn't seem to see a way to export only a portion of the clip to mp4. Thanks again.