How to get BI to save alert jpg to folder when trigger happens

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Already spent a ridiculous amount of time and apparently, I'm not smart enough to figure it out. I tried setting each cam, in BI cam settings to post a jpeg to a folder on my pc that syncs to Google drive. My issue is that the image saved is delayed about 20 or 30 seconds after the initial trigger occurs. What is weird is the alert jpeg on the sidebar of the UI shows exactly what I want saved. Also tried setting this up in the "RECORD" tab and checked the JPEG box and set the time (each m:ss.s) to 1.0 seconds cause a one second delay will work. Also tried setting the trigger break time to 1 second but it didn't change.
I don't want a ring of images that get overwritten to occur because I want a cloud backup of images of the alerts.

Another weird thing is that even though the alerts show up fine on the UI and everything else works fine, if I navigate to the folder where alerts are stored, windows explorer shows folder empty. WTF is that.
Im on 5.7.9.7.

Scoobs72

n3wb
Reaction score
Try configuring for the cam : Alerts>Actions>On Alert > FTP upload image and upload the cmaeras alert image. You'll need a FTP server to upload it to, which you can configure in Windows. You'll have to define the FTP server in BI Settings.

Perplexed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I came here to say exactly what Scoobs posted.

I have mine dump into a folder that's in my one drive account, offsite/cloud backup could prove nice to have one day.