How to get around this....?

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I want to run cat6 to my letterbox for a LPR install. I've figured the ideal run from my garage through a trench in the lawn. However, to get to the lawn, i've got 1 metre (40inches) wide of concrete path which backs onto a brick wall of my brick garage wall to contend with.

What's the best way to get around this? I really don't want to cut the concrete... any other suggestions?

2.jpgWhatsApp Image 2023-09-16 at 22.40.13.jpg

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
One option is to use outdoor rated cabling and place and caulk it in place in one of the concrete joints. Tou may have to expand it a bit.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like there already a cable in the blue section, maybe you could go on top or beside it? Maybe dig under it to set the existing lower?
Then dig out the soil or spacer in the red section, lay in the outdoor-rated cable.
Then trench the green area , by hand of course with who knows what under there with gas, phone, electric, etc. near by on your wall.
Apply sealant on top of the cracks to make it flush with walkway.

route-possible.jpg

Last edited:

AP514

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@TonyR -I think that is his Ground-Bonding Rod going into the Ground there. Not the best location for Cat to be next too.

To the OP- You really did not state where the CAT will come out at/from. Do you plan on Drilling through the garage wall ?
If drilling I would go down toward the Bike at the next Concrete Joint (way to much going on at the meter area) and go rent a wet-saw from Home Depot (or the like Down Under) for $20. 1hour setup/cleanup and small cut to widen the Joint. Put outdoor cable like TonyR said and be done with it.

Last edited:

AzN_NiNjA01

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you are really set on putting the line under the slab then look in youtube about digging with water hose and pvc pipe.

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
From those pictures you provided your only options.
1. Run rigid metallic conduit on top of the concrete then once over the dirt go underground.
2. Cut concrete wide enough to dig and install pvc pipe beneath them back fill with dirt and concrete.