How to fix this if i want to keep my ip cam on dahua xvr dh xvr5108Hs i3

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Thyere is no "fix" its how the XVR accepts IP cameras.
If I recall, once you try to add IP cameras to an XVR, it disables AI (like IVS, SMD rules) on any analog (HDCVI) cameras.
So by saying OK, you acknowledge you are losing AI, IVS, SMD, etc on your analog cameras.

MC1987

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Smart IPC's dont interface with current XVR's either. There is no option to enable the Smart Plan for the intelligence of the camera

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
mmmm not so...

You can enable Smart Plan on the camera, and it does work and record on the XVR, at least on newer XVR's

(* No Smart Plan is not shown on the XVR interface, but Just like on NVRs, it’s best to only use the XVR for master recording functions. All other settings should be done on the camera itself)

Here's an older 5442 bullet I just connected via an external switch to a XVR7216AN-4K-I2.
Notice in the screencaps from the XVR below, IVS is enabled and IVS recording is also shown on the XVR just like on an NVR

XVR-addIPcam-2.jpg XVR-addIPcam-3.jpg

*When you first go to add an IP camera on an XVR for the first time, you will get a message similar to the OP (depending on age of unit and model) Here's the message I get. It means you will lose AI on analog/HDCVI cameras, but AI DOES work on any IP cameras you add.
XVR-addIPcam-1.jpg

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
The more I look at the OPs screen I think it may have to do with new advanced functions in the newest I3 XVRs (mine is 3-4 years old)

This seems to be related

Scheduled AI

Previous XVR versions only allow one AI function to be enabled per channel, meaning users must manually switch to another function if needed. Using the latest XVR5000-4KL-I3 series, AI functions can be preset according to desired period, making it ideal for a myriad of application scenarios such as retail stores, villas, and schools.

For example: During business hours, retail stores can use the Scheduled AI function to set SMD Plus to greet incoming customers at the entrance. At night, the AI function will automatically switch to Perimeter Protection during non-business hours to deter and warn off possible intruders using Active Deterrence.

MC1987

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
mmmm not so...

You can enable Smart Plan on the camera, and it does work and record on the XVR, at least on newer XVR's

(* No Smart Plan is not shown on the XVR interface, but Just like on NVRs, it’s best to only use the XVR for master recording functions. All other settings should be done on the camera itself)

Here's an older 5442 bullet I just connected via an external switch to a XVR7216AN-4K-I2.
Notice in the screencaps from the XVR below, IVS is enabled and IVS recording is also shown on the XVR just like on an NVR

View attachment 161921 View attachment 161920

*When you first go to add an IP camera on an XVR for the first time, you will get a message similar to the OP (depending on age of unit and model) Here's the message I get. It means you will lose AI on analog/HDCVI cameras, but AI DOES work on any IP cameras you add.
View attachment 161922
This is Dahua's own words to me. They dont want people turning their XVR into a mini NVR and them losing sales. If you try receive a push notification through DMSS over the cloud p2p, you wont get it from that camera.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
That wasnt the original question, but I just succesfully tested push notifications using the XVR and that same 5442 IP camera, worked fine. In fact I was amazed how easily and well it DID work. Simply enabled P2P on the XVR (not the camera) and in DMSS signed up for notifications for IVS Tripwire and Intrusion from the XVR.

It sent me immediate notifications with short videos in the DMSS app

P2Pnotification.jpg

Reaction score
ok i get it but the xvr detected humans and motor vehicles(with IP cams connected) until 3:48 AM and stopped

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You’re going to have to explain in a little more detail.
I think you are saying the “analog cameras” on the XVR we’re working with IVS rules until 3:48AM and now they don’t?

What change did you make before they stopped?

Reaction score
They just started working overnight and stopped only working analog channels 6,7,1.2 for some reason. I have 2 IP cams and 8 analogs .its smd

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Without seeing your various schedules and settings its hard to say but it sounds like something to do with a schedule. Like maybe when your IP cams are active schedule for AI then the analog cameras stop working with AI? I think only so many cameras can utilize AI at the same time.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
First try to turn off AI/SMD on your IP cameras. Then tell me, do your analog cameras work ok?

Stark900

n3wb
Reaction score
after numerous tests on an XVR, an IP camera is completely unusable in AI if we have analog cameras. no notification via DMSS, even with activation on IP camera settings…

replacement of the XVR? but to take what

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Run an NVR and a DVR....
Keep what you got and get 4108 or 5108 Nvr for IP cams.....
I finally got enough IP cams to let my Amcrest Xvr take a dirt nap....

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
after numerous tests on an XVR, an IP camera is completely unusable in AI if we have analog cameras. no notification via DMSS, even with activation on IP camera settings…

replacement of the XVR? but to take what
Well then dont tell my XVR because its working fine. IVS and notifications working on 2 IP cams and not running IVS on Analog cams. No you cant do both

Stark900

n3wb
Reaction score
Run an NVR and a DVR....
Keep what you got and get 4108 or 5108 Nvr for IP cams.....
Yes, this is an option to consider.

Well then dont tell my XVR because its working fine. IVS and notifications working on 2 IP cams and not running IVS on Analog cams. No you cant do both
I would like to succeed like you, SMD works on analog. but IVS with a PTZ IP unfortunately the PTZ does not send me a notification in IVS but only in motion detection, I tried everything