how to download footage from dahua nvr to pc??

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
running version 4 of dahua firmware on NVR4104HS-P-4KS2 and wont to know how to download video footage from the nvr to the pc using the web interface. can easily do it on the hikvision nvr but cannot work out how to do it on the dahua nvr.
i need to be able to do this as i do it quite a lot on the hikvision nvr.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
From what I learned: this option fell behind the table, however ample people (including myself) are leveraging SmartPSS to review footage and download clips/snapshot from your NVR. Advantage are: much quicker, and multiple video formats available (eg avi / mp4 etc).

Good luck!
CC

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Agree with above. Even if it worked, which I'm not entirely sure it does .. I'd use SmartPSS.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Actually I just figured it out. You can't use certain browsers (failed with Firefox for me), but I was able to do it with IE on Win7. It asked to install a plugin which I did.

Then the controls show up!

Select camera, zoom into the area you want to get a clip from, pres Play and pick a point on the timeline to start. Then click the Scissors icon and manually move the tiny white left/right arrows on the time line to get a start/stop point. Then download

Unfortunately it only downloads a Dahua .dav file format, but it does also download their SmartPlayer.

Clipboard01.jpg Clipboard02-1.jpg Clipboard02-2.jpg Clipboard03.jpg

With SmartPSS I can choose format from dav, avi, mpg so I prefer it.

therealdeal74

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a DHI-NVR5232-16P-4KS2E and trying to export videos from SmartPSS right now. Holy cow it's slow. There has got to be a better way...

therealdeal74

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I do have a USB wifi adapter on the NVR. Transferring to a computer also using wifi on the same LAN. Trying to export 8 hours of continuous footage it's looking like it will be well over an hour for DAV format. MP4 and AVI looks like it will be a lot slower so there is some reencoding lag as well.

Billyjack5

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just a piggyback question to this thread--is it worth buying a Dahua NVR to use primarily for 24 hr recording, or would a regular old ONVIF NVR do? The context here is I have 20 Dahua cameras (nearly all from Andy) that I administer through the web GUI and DMSS on my Android phone. I record triggered events using Blue Iris on a dedicated PC. I have also have an ONVIF NVR that I use as a backup for 24 hour recording that pulls streams from these cameras. The ONVIF NRV seems to work well for what I need it for--easy to export footage to usable formats, etc.

Right now I'm bench testing a Dahua NVR (5 series) as a possible replacement to the ONVIF NVR and, honestly, don't see much value added. Pulling AI events seems to be limited to one channel at a time, which isn't different than logging into each camera using the web gui. And even when you do, it sounds like folks use SmartPSS to export the footage otherwise you'd be stuck plugging a thumb drive into the NVR and dealing with DAV files. The rather generic ONVIF NVR I currently have allows me to export footage in useable formats directly to my PC. My admittedly underinformed experience with the Dahua NVR tells me that it's not worth the expense of upgrading and that the NVR functions are generally available using the web GUI and SmartPSS.

Am I missing something?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Just use smartpss, export the video not easy sometimes also protect the security of the videos. If always easy to export, there has risk for data leakage. These device is industrial level, so not very friendly using, same as hikvision too.

Here is the steps.

1634780541717.png

1634780550529.png

1634780566368.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just a piggyback question to this thread--is it worth buying a Dahua NVR to use primarily for 24 hr recording, or would a regular old ONVIF NVR do? The context here is I have 20 Dahua cameras (nearly all from Andy) that I administer through the web GUI and DMSS on my Android phone. I record triggered events using Blue Iris on a dedicated PC. I have also have an ONVIF NVR that I use as a backup for 24 hour recording that pulls streams from these cameras. The ONVIF NRV seems to work well for what I need it for--easy to export footage to usable formats, etc.

Right now I'm bench testing a Dahua NVR (5 series) as a possible replacement to the ONVIF NVR and, honestly, don't see much value added. Pulling AI events seems to be limited to one channel at a time, which isn't different than logging into each camera using the web gui. And even when you do, it sounds like folks use SmartPSS to export the footage otherwise you'd be stuck plugging a thumb drive into the NVR and dealing with DAV files. The rather generic ONVIF NVR I currently have allows me to export footage in useable formats directly to my PC. My admittedly underinformed experience with the Dahua NVR tells me that it's not worth the expense of upgrading and that the NVR functions are generally available using the web GUI and SmartPSS.

Am I missing something?
With 20 cameras, you do not want any ole ONVIF NVR. You will need one with some serious bandwidth capacity. A lot of the cheaper NVRs cap out at 80Mbps, so you will be limited.