How to do presets on Hikvision DVR

ilan1h2020

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm not really understanding how to do presets on my Hikvision DVR (TVST STI708) such that whenever I go to "Live View" I can see the same 4 cameras that I'm interested in. Currently, I need to highlight the boxes on the main screen and then allocate each one to one of the 4 cameras on the left side of the screen (ie: when I see the green arrow I know that I'm getting the live feed from that camera). I then need to go to the little grid icon on the bottom left and select the "4" view so that I am looking at only my 4 cameras and not all the 8 possible options (I have an 8 CH DVR but only 4 cameras). After I set this up in the way I want, I tried going to the "Preset" column on the left and then I select "Preset 1" and "Set". However, whenever I go back to "Live View" all of this configuration is gone and I need to redo it. Is this a limitation of the windows app? Is there better software I can use for my PC windows view?

One more question: Is it advisable to do a firmware upgrade on this? I notice this as an option on the Configuration view (Maintenance). Mine says "Web 3.0.4 150113" and Plugin:3.0.5.21. Can anyone explain to me what the difference is between "web" and "plugin". I access mine by simply inputting the IP address of the DVR into Firefox. However, when I first tried doing this on Firefox it had me download a plug in (is this what "plugin" means?)