How to disable Motion Detect feature for a specific time span

imp000

n3wb
Reaction score
In one of my cams, the shadows from clouds and wind blown tree branches make my motion detection go off continually. I have attempted to work out adjustments to make it not trigger Motion Detection, but it'd be simpler to just disable Motion Detection for a couple of hours. (It's not a vital spot to monitor closely, so it's okay to turn it off for a brief period).

Is it possible to program within Blue Iris, disabling Motion Detect for a specified time every day? If so, how?

Thank you!

Swampledge

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In one of my cams, the shadows from clouds and wind blown tree branches make my motion detection go off continually. I have attempted to work out adjustments to make it not trigger Motion Detection, but it'd be simpler to just disable Motion Detection for a couple of hours. (It's not a vital spot to monitor closely, so it's okay to turn it off for a brief period).

Is it possible to program within Blue Iris, disabling Motion Detect for a specified time every day? If so, how?

Thank you!
Yes. Read the help file in BI. You would do this using profiles and schedules.

Wen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Set up two profiles. On for normal weather, and one for stormy, windy weather. Dial back the sensitivity for the "stormy" profile.

imp000

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you, everyone, for the suggestions! I'll give them a try!