How to delete group names

mickiete

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have added some group names while testing, but now I seem to be unable to delete them. I have checked all the cameras but I can only untick anywhere group is named.

mickiete

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for that, wish it explained that in the manual, could have saved me a couple of hours.

mickiete

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes I saw that, but did not see it mention that none highlighted would remove it, well not in the part I was reading.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes I saw that, but did not see it mention that none highlighted would remove it, well not in the part I was reading.
Semantics, I guess...one of those processes that is more difficult to explain clearly than to actually demonstrate it.

Perhaps a better way would be "....When the "General" tabs are examined under "cameras settings" for ALL cameras and the desired "Group" to be deleted is NOT highlighted in any of them (Camera Settings ==>> General ==>> Groups), then that Group will be deleted". :)

Reaction score
Did I miss something or has it moved - I can't find the select groups under camera->general settings.
Also can't find how to hide disabled cameras. BI 5.5.0.13
Apologies if I'm just being ignorant.

New to 5.5.0.13, I see how to edit layouts and hide specific cameras but not how to remove cameras from groups.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
In 5.5.0.13 groups are managed from the screen configuration page. The management is not very intuitive, to me anyway, once you get to it. I did it once, the BI console crashed and wouldn't come back up reliably so I'm back on 5.4.9.18.

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Here's a whole thread on 5.5.0.x -