How to connect to different streams from 1 camera.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My camera (American Dynamics Fisheye i825) allows setup of 5 different de-warped streams.
I want to have 2 different stream views as two different camera views in BI.
Not sure how to do that....
I know how do make a clone, which I did...but they are the same image at the moment. I'm not sure how to point the clone to one of the other views I set up in the camera GUI. My connection is just the ip address. Any idea how I can identify and point each camera view in BI to the different views set up and streaming from the camera?
I find nothing in the camera's guy that identifies a path.
BI's auto detect does not find anything.
I did not se anything about this in the help section of BI.

Anyone know how to do this?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My camera (American Dynamics Fisheye i825) allows setup of 5 different de-warped streams.
I want to have 2 different stream views as two different camera views in BI.
Not sure how to do that....
I know how do make a clone, which I did...but they are the same image at the moment. I'm not sure how to point the clone to one of the other views I set up in the camera GUI. My connection is just the ip address. Any idea how I can identify and point each camera view in BI to the different views set up and streaming from the camera?
I find nothing in the camera's guy that identifies a path.
BI's auto detect does not find anything.
I did not se anything about this in the help section of BI.

Anyone know how to do this?
IF the camera supports sending independent streams, then there should be some info in the manual - it would be a minor change in the url...you can try changing the camera number setting in BI and see if that gives you another stream. BI does not support dewarping so the camera must have the ability to actually send independent streams.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks
My understanding was BI can handle any stream if the camera does the dewarp, which, in this case it does.
In my camera's GUI there are 5 stream options for example....but no URL offered when you switch from one to another...the URL stays the same...the IP. No URL for when I added it to BI...just the IP address and port was used to connect to BI.

I'll dig deeper in the manual in case I missed something

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks
My understanding was BI can handle any stream if the camera does the dewarp, which, in this case it does.
In my camera's GUI there are 5 stream options for example....but no URL offered when you switch from one to another...the URL stays the same...the IP. No URL for when I added it to BI...just the IP address and port was used to connect to BI.

I'll dig deeper in the manual in case I missed something
You need the url for the rtsp stream...you will not see a change in the browser window...its completely different.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I started googling about RTSP streams. I see a lot of RTSP URL paths are different among camera mfg and even among their models.
I found mention of my camera's "robust RTSP stream" in a release note document...but no mention of what the actual RTSP stream configurations are actually anywhere? :confused3:
So, I've emailed the mfg and meanwhile back to Google.

I thought I read in some other post, (was about the Nest Cam I believe) on how to capture the RTSP stream for use in BI.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well, I did not find the RTSP URLs for my camera yet, but did come across this link I thought may be useful for others here as it lists out the RTSP URLs for a lot of manufacturers's cameras!

[h=1]RTSP URL Directory[/h]https://security.world/rtsp/

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I started googling about RTSP streams. I see a lot of RTSP URL paths are different among camera mfg and even among their models.
I found mention of my camera's "robust RTSP stream" in a release note document...but no mention of what the actual RTSP stream configurations are actually anywhere? :confused3:
So, I've emailed the mfg and meanwhile back to Google.

I thought I read in some other post, (was about the Nest Cam I believe) on how to capture the RTSP stream for use in BI.
You can try finding it with wire shark...have you simply changing the camera numbers?
Have you looked at the rtsp stream using onvif device manager?

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Finally found it.
Was just going to try to install wire shark and another ONVIF dev manager app I was reading about...may still do that anyway for future use if I can figure them out.

Bu...then I ran across a config document from the company on the web and it was in there.
Everything is on the web....if you dig deep enough.

Punched it into mt BI clone (via remote since I'm sitting at the office now, using TeamViewer which works great) and it came right up with the alternative de-warped view on my BI Android app.

Just getting started with BI but I love it so far.
I also installed the app on my Android TV box so now I can view my camera on my 50" TV in the bedroom. Love it.

@fenderman, you and a handful of the regulars here really make this site invaluable.

Thanks for the assistance as always!

Last edited by a moderator: