how to add multiple Dahua IP cams to Blue Iris?

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ive searched, looked at the wiki but I am still not sure how to do this... I have already added one camera but it looks like all Dahua cameras are set to an ip of 168.154.1.108 and you have to login to the dahua web interface to activate the cameras, but how do I do that now that I want to add to more cameras? do I have to change the ip address somehow on the original cam or the new cams and if so how do you do that? Im completely ignorant on networking and it took me forever just to set up the first cam lol ...maybe I'm just making it more complicated then it really is or I am just missing something obvious... thanks for any help in advance!

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, change the IP of the first camera to something other than the default of 192.168.1.108 and once that's done, you can plug in the next camera and rinse & repeat the whole process.

Rob2020

Known around here
Reaction score
Change the address in the Dahua web gui;

Use the Dahua config tool

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
ok so I was able to change the ip address of my original camera from .108 to .109 and I am able to login to it via the Dahua webpage, but Blue Iris no longer sees the camera. Im assuming Blue Iris is still using the old IP address to try to connect and I need to change it. But how do I change it in Blue Iris? I restarted the cam to see if it would refresh with the new IP but no luck. And I dont see any settings in the camera in BI where I can configure the ip address. Do I have to delete the camera and add it back again and if so will I lose all the settings I have set up on it if I do? Thanks...

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
right click on the camera image, and select Camera Settings and then Video Tab/configure/ then change .108 to 109

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I remember when I was new to adding cams. Make sure you select " static" rather than DHCP, after you change the IP inside the WEB GUI of the camera. Otherwise ( like me) you'll have it all go to hell :smash: after a power interuption, and you can't figure out why some cams come back online and some get stupid. ( User configuration error)