How many simultaneous streams

lane777smith

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’ve got blue iris running on continuous recording + triggered events on my IP5M-T1179EW-28MM cameras. I also want to add these cameras to Scrypted, for HomeKit. It has the option to pre-buffer streams, but I am concerned by having both BI and Scrypted pulling continuous streams. Should I be or can cameras handle multiple systems pulling continuous streams with now issue?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If your BI server meets the minimum requirements and you have performed ALL recommended optimizations, especially sub-streams, you likely will not have an issue streaming to a couple of other devices. Most cams have no problem with that also.

That being said, make sure all cams go directly to BI server via switch and NOT via the switch ("LAN") ports of your modem/router.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The Dahua OEM cameras claim they can handle like 10 simultaneous connections.

Two or three are ok but I wouldn't try 10 lol.

lane777smith

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If your BI server meets the minimum requirements and you have performed ALL recommended optimizations, especially sub-streams, you likely will not have an issue streaming to a couple of other devices. Most cams have no problem with that also.

That being said, make sure all cams go directly to BI server via switch and NOT via the switch ("LAN") ports of your modem/router.
No worries on my BI setup. it's a beefy machine and I've got all the optimizations in place. 4 cameras running continuous + triggered events and my CPU stays in the single digits. I was mainly concerned with how many the cameras themselves can handle, and based on Wittaj response, I should be fine with 2 systems pulling streams. Thank you guys.