How is 4.3.2.0 So Far?

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's a Win 7 problem. I hear 8 and 10 work fine with HA and BI running as a service.
I don't see that getting fixed unless Microsoft releases a new service pack for Windows 7 that supports the HA libraries that are used in BI... I think Microsoft would say, "Update to Windows 10, it has them, and it's Free." :( This is a Microsoft Issue, and I don't think Ken can fix this.

Total

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello : Anyone know how to make 2 of my cameras display the image not upside down ? upside.JPG

thanks , people ..

neonate

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It's a Win 7 problem. I hear 8 and 10 work fine with HA and BI running as a service.
Server 2008 R2, and I can't run as a service. I had upgraded to 2012 but was having other issues, so I can't speak if the issue continued since I've since reverted back to the 2008 image, but it makes me wonder if it's a chipset issue rather than an OS one. It's annoying as I'll often find I'm not getting notifications and it's because the open session of BI has crashed, but I'm working on a monitor program to alert me so I can remote in to restart the open session. For now the trade off in the CPU usage outweighs the issue.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hello : Anyone know how to make 2 of my cameras display the image not upside down ? View attachment 9862

thanks , people ..
A few options:

1) Turn your head upside down to view the streams :laugh:
2) You can see if going to Camera Options>Video>Rotate>180 degrees works (it did for my integrated laptop camera).
3) Contact the developer because this is a known issue with the last two releases and he's specifically asked for feedback on this problem.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Server 2008 R2, and I can't run as a service. I had upgraded to 2012 but was having other issues, so I can't speak if the issue continued since I've since reverted back to the 2008 image, but it makes me wonder if it's a chipset issue rather than an OS one. It's annoying as I'll often find I'm not getting notifications and it's because the open session of BI has crashed, but I'm working on a monitor program to alert me so I can remote in to restart the open session. For now the trade off in the CPU usage outweighs the issue.
Have you tried Blue Iris Tools?

Total

n3wb
Reaction score
A few options:

1) Turn your head upside down to view the streams :laugh:
2) You can see if going to Camera Options>Video>Rotate>180 degrees works (it did for my integrated laptop camera).
3) Contact the developer because this is a known issue with the last two releases and he's specifically asked for feedback on this problem.
thanks for the help , that will work for now . I contacted the developer with the details also ..

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Blue Iris Tools has a Watchdog service that will restart sessions automatically, uses very little resources, and has many other very useful features. No need to write your own.

Last edited by a moderator:

rjlyders

n3wb
Reaction score
RE: BlueIris 4.3.2.1 x64 Hardware decoding with Hikvision H.264+

FYI: When I enable H.264+ on my Hikvision DS-2CD2542FWD-IS I get fuzzy digitized rainbow lines a the top of the camera's video if I try to use BlueIris 4.3.2.1 x64 Hardware Decoding. I've tried it with VPP and without. BlueIris 4.3.2.1 x64 Hardware Decoding doesn't seem to be compatible with Hikvision's H.264+. Obviously H.264+ is something very unique that Hikvision came up with so I am not surprised that Intel Hardware decoding would not be compatible.

I've attached a screen shot to see what this looks like here:BlueIris-HWDecode-Hikvisionh.264+-RainbowHeader.png
Both cameras in view have Hikvision H.264+ enabled, but the camera on the left has Hardware Decoding disabled in BlueIris 4.3.2.1 x64 while the camera on the right has Hardware Decoding enabled in BlueIris 4.3.2.1 x64.
As another test, I disabled Hikvision H.264+ on one of the cameras and then enabled Hardware Decoding in BlueIris 4.3.2.1 x64 with no problem.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
RE: BlueIris 4.3.2.1 x64 Hardware decoding with Hikvision H.264+

FYI: When I enable H.264+ on my Hikvision DS-2CD2542FWD-IS I get fuzzy digitized rainbow lines a the top of the camera's video if I try to use BlueIris 4.3.2.1 x64 Hardware Decoding. I've tried it with VPP and without. BlueIris 4.3.2.1 x64 Hardware Decoding doesn't seem to be compatible with Hikvision's H.264+. Obviously H.264+ is something very unique that Hikvision came up with so I am not surprised that Intel Hardware decoding would not be compatible.

I've attached a screen shot to see what this looks like here:View attachment 9871
Both cameras in view have Hikvision H.264+ enabled, but the camera on the left has Hardware Decoding disabled in BlueIris 4.3.2.1 x64 while the camera on the right has Hardware Decoding enabled in BlueIris 4.3.2.1 x64.
As another test, I disabled Hikvision H.264+ on one of the cameras and then enabled Hardware Decoding in BlueIris 4.3.2.1 x64 with no problem.
You're on the money--H.264+ is not yet supported (in BI) with HA (and/or VPP). Support is aware, but may take quite a while to implement. Your best bet is to go back to H.264 (without +) and use HA and VPP. See my previous post on this subject: https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/7985-4-2-8-January-7-2016-Hardware-Acceleration/page3?p=71308#post71308

rjlyders

n3wb
Reaction score
You're on the money--H.264+ is not yet supported (in BI) with HA (and/or VPP). Support is aware, but may take quite a while to implement. Your best bet is to go back to H.264 (without +) and use HA and VPP. See my previous post on this subject: https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/7985-4-2-8-January-7-2016-Hardware-Acceleration/page3?p=71308#post71308
Thanks for the feedback. I'll go with Hardware Decoding+YPP and disable Hikvision H.264+ to see how things run.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
thanks for the help , that will work for now . I contacted the developer with the details also ..
4.3.2.2 fixed the 180 degree rotation on my integrated camera....yours may also be corrected.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
updated to 4.3.2.2 , same issue with the camera inverted .... :(
After the update, did you go back into the affected cameras' properties and select "No" for rotation? If so, and the cameras are still inverted, let support know and be sure to tell them which cameras are affected.

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Which option of VPP did you choose? I set mine to Yes+VideoPostProc and it doubled my CPU. Rebooted machine and cameras.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Which option of VPP did you choose? I set mine to Yes+VideoPostProc and it doubled my CPU. Rebooted machine and cameras.
See the release notes...if you have lots of cams or are using lots of bandwidth this option can have a negative affect.

ck42

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For anyone that might want to try and see if they can replicate this....I was also having the issue with the black screen going from Yes (no VPP) to Yes +VPP. Odd though was that this was only happening to one of my two cameras.
What I did though was to enable VPP in the Options->Cameras section (set to Yes+VidoePostProc). I expected this to end up blacking out the other camera again, but it didn't. So, I went back into that cameras settings and tried setting it to Yes+VPP again....and this time, no black screen.

[EDIT] Scratch that. Screen went black again. Weird.