How I am leveling, focusing, image settings for my cameras

Reaction score
Just wanted to share with folks of how I went ahead and leveled, focused, day/night image settings for my outdoor Dahua cameras. In the past, I just kind of eye balled it. Later, always bugged me it was slightly crooked or un-needed visual space. So took a 6' ladder, my 8' level, eye chart, color chart...and placed the ladder where I think a human will come a knocking (or in my case, a slashing). Adjusted the camera angle to only show 7' above the horizon of interested areas and adjusted to minimize useless areas.
Changed all camera profiles from just simply "day" 24hours a day to day/night profiles with the help of using @bp2008 sunrise/sunset utility. WDR just doesn't look good at night but I do like HLC. Plus, while researching what makes good night videos, lots of pro's use the rule of thumb of x2: if using 15FPS, use 1/30 shutter speed. If using 30 FPS, use 1/60 shutter speed. I set all my cams to 15FPS so will test this out.
While I was in the camera GUI's, I went ahead and setup IVS tripswires/intrusion zones. Also, installed NTP server on Home Assistant so had to change NTP IP in network settings with corresponding firewall rules. Now, can totally lock down camera subnet.

driveway right.jpg