How does BI determine if you are local or not?

HEVNBND

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have two locations with BI. They have different public IP address but each havethe same local IP for the BI servers.

I can connect to each location when local but not the 2nd location from either location. I suspect this is because BI thinks I am local when at each location to both locations no matter which location I am at. Any suggestions?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have two locations with BI. They have different public IP address but each havethe same local IP for the BI servers.

I can connect to each location when local but not the 2nd location from either location. I suspect this is because BI thinks I am local when at each location to both locations no matter which location I am at. Any suggestions?
huh?

HEVNBND

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Location A. Local IP of Blue Iris Server 192.168.1.50
Location B. Local IP of Blue Iris Server 192.168.1.50

Location A. Public IP of BI Server 8.8.8.X
Location B. Public IP of BI Server 8.8.8.Z

When at location A. on wifi I can ONLY connect to Location A Blue Iris Server
When at Location B. on wifi I can ONLY connect to Location B Blue Iris Server

All from IOS device.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Location A. Local IP of Blue Iris Server 192.168.1.50
Location B. Local IP of Blue Iris Server 192.168.1.50

Location A. Public IP of BI Server 8.8.8.X
Location B. Public IP of BI Server 8.8.8.Z

When at location A. on wifi I can ONLY connect to Location A Blue Iris Server
When at Location B. on wifi I can ONLY connect to Location B Blue Iris Server

All from IOS device.
yes because BI is likely searching for the local ip first...simply change the local ip of one of the servers...

HEVNBND

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would prefer not to do that. I have the same IP scheme across many locations. Can you think of any other ways?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I would prefer not to do that. I have the same IP scheme across many locations. Can you think of any other ways?
simply change it from 192.168.1.50 to 51...the "ip scheme" does not change...there is no other way...you have an app that is searching for a blue iris server at a specific ip address, well guess what it finds it...

HEVNBND

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I expected the app to search for specific IP WITH specfic product key... Seeing that server of onsite location does not have correct key bi would use wan address instead

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I expected the app to search for specific IP WITH specfic product key... Seeing that server of onsite location does not have correct key bi would use wan address instead
what key? why would your license key be relevant in the connection? it looks for the server and confirms the user name and password...why are you making it more complicated than it should be....takes exactly 60 seconds to make the change.