How do you turn off Object Filter on PTZ SD49425XB-HNR?

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I want to trigger on more than humans and vehicles such as bears. How do you turn off object filter to allow for more than humans/vehicles. The check box is grayed out for object filter. What's the best way to trigger and track bears plus humans/vehicles on this PTZ? And what is the relevance of the Tracking Target Size?

1702319381310.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can't.

That is the biggest complaint people have about the newer Dahua's is that they have tuned these for their intended market (hint not us home owners) and as such their algorithms are based more on human and vehicle, even on the firmware where you can uncheck it.

You can try a min object size and you may get 50/50 of it triggering on non human or vehicles.

The track target size is how large you want the object to be in the field of view when it zooms in and tracks.

But it is a balance - too small of a number and the object stays smaller in the field of view and might not get IDENTIFY.

Too large of a number and it may zoom in to just the face but can lose tracking easier as the object simply can change pace and once the object is out of the field of view, it returns back to the preset.

So it is a matter of trial and error. I start around 50 and then go up and down until it tracks the majority of the time.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Oh yeah on the target size...I had forgot why I had set it to 44% LOL.

I noticed on the T5442T-ZE I can uncheck TARGET FILTER so it confused me why the PTZ I could not. And I see that Smart Motion Detection is also just humans and/or vehicles. So that just leaves generic Motion Detection then having DeepStack figure out if someone/something of interest has been identified. But, that's a going backwards LOL.

I wonder what most people are using to trigger on animals.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah the 5442 with older firmware can still do it, along with older cameras. If you have newer firmware it will not.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I thought that maybe Motion Detection would be my savior but NOT. I really don't get the Motion Detection setting in a PTZ since the field of view is not fixed. How would one use motion detection including setting the region area if Preset1 area of interest is different than Preset2 area of interest? Maybe I just don't get it but it seems that you should be able to set the region for each individual preset.

1702328713946.png

1702328935773.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the MD is centered around human and vehicle, so no dice there.

Autotracking does not work for MD or SMD, so this is used if using the PTZ as a fixed camera (although you can set it up to act as a fixed with IVS as well).

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
In BI how do you tell BI to ignore any requests to reposition the PTZ if the PTZ is currently auto-tracking?

Example: Spotter cam sees a target in zone 1 then commands PTZ to go to zone 1. PTZ is actively tracking an object in zone 1 but spotter cam in zone 1 (same spotter) sees another object in zone 1 then commands the PTZ to once again reposition itself in zone 1 but PTZ was already tracking an object from the first time spotter cams sent it to zone 1. I would assume it's:

1702330593594.png

But really I want "Cancel alert when PTZ is actively tracking". But, BI doesn't know that the PTZ is actively tracking which means the PTZ needs to be configured to ignore preset commands when it is busy tracking something already. So which setting in the PTZ is that one?

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I've gone up and down the using dumb motion detection roller coaster a few times for animal detection. It has been a dismal failure every time with too many false positives to be useful. Shadows, bugs, raindrops, and more send the alarms coming en mass. From what I've heard about BI's motion detection, I'd think it might be a reasonable substitute for Dahua's IVS, that I view as dumb because it's so smart. Out of curiosity, I wonder if a bad guy in a bear suit could walk right through the IVS undetected?

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Okay, I'm trying something different to see if I can get around Dahua object filter in this PTZ that is locked for human and/or vehicle when I also want to trigger on 4 legged critters. Let me know if I'm out of my mind (on this topic :rofl: ).

I have the PTZ setup for IVS for both human/vehicles with trip wires and intrusion zones setup for all my zones. Then I go over to the BI settings for the PTZ then.....

Trigger > Motion Sensor > Object Detection (check this box) > Object Crosses Zone > (I put "B" for the zone mask).
Trigger > Motion Sensor > Use Zones and Hot Spots (check this box) > (Zone A mask completely shaded, Zone B is completely blank).
PTZ/Control > Edit Presets > Preset (select each of my presets one-by-one) > Override Motion Zones (checked) > Edit > (Zone A mask completely shaded, Zone B is shaded to the desired mask for motion detection).

• So for the PTZ's built-in IVS anything in the blue grid below should send a trigger to BI if a human/vehicle trips the trigger and BI will analyze per DeepStack rules.
  • With Motion Detection setup in BI anything that moves in the Zone B mask will trigger BI to analyzer per DeepStack rules.
  • I guess the CPU is going to get a workout with the Zone B mask :rofl: as the point of IVS was to send triggers to BI using AI to minimize false triggers. Just fooling around to see what kind of mess I created :banghead:
  • Maybe I should have cloned the PTZ for the Motion Detection part then limit DeepStack to only 4 legged critter checks and leave the master of the PTZ alone for IVS related detection?
  • I think the lesson with be a continuation of damned if you do, damned it you don't.

1702418744149.png

1702418802990.png