How can I save alerts from remote BI to main home storage?

Cooltiger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a remote site running Blue Iris and can control with Windows Remote Desktop over ZeroTier.
The Remote internet is Australian NBN Fixed Wireless which is slow but reliable (15 down and 4 up) Home is 90 down and 40 up
RDP and UI3 work well for camera viewing, BI remote is pathetically slow.
I have Andy an IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E which will be excellent for LPR.
I want to automatically store the Alerts off the remote site preferably back at my home base in case the remote Blue iris is damaged or stolen. FFTP or cloud storage?

Thanks

Attachments

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'd say it all depends on how much your ISP allows you to upload/download. Even alerts, if you end up with a lot of them, will turn into gigs of data. If you've got ZeroTier running you can automate downloads from the remote site or just go in and manually download them whenever you want to.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If you record only short clips on motion detection, then FTP upload would work. The upload doesn't begin until the clip is fully written, so it isn't great for continuous recording or for clips that get combined into one file over a long timespan.\

Be aware though, there's no automatic pruning mechanism. The FTP uploads are one-way only.

Cooltiger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'd say it all depends on how much your ISP allows you to upload/download. Even alerts, if you end up with a lot of them, will turn into gigs of data. If you've got ZeroTier running you can automate downloads from the remote site or just go in and manually download them whenever you want to.
Both sites have unlimited data.
Hopefully buggerall traffic.
Where do I learn about automated downloads from BI.

Last edited: