How Can I Make A Wi-Fi Cam Appear on Wifi When It Only Appears When Wired?

abrogard

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just finally successfully connected a Sricam via an emulator, their app, iSpy, the router and an ethernet cable.

Just one thing wrong: when I disconnect the ethernet the camera disappears.

Back in the days when I was setting up foscams I used to set their IP's and passwords via ethernet and then disconnect it and they operated on wifi from then on.

Doesn't seem to be working here.

abrogard

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thanks for those clues. i've got to wait now. i went back to the sricam smartphone app and connected with it again (via the ethernet) and if offered to update the software so I said yes... and it downloaded stuff and told me this might take 10 minutes and then did nothing at all after the download... nothing to let me know progress.

so then I probably made a mistake when I clicked on 'details' or 'information' or something, thinking it might show me a place where I could set the IP as permanent or something...

but what I've got now is a 'loading' icon circling around for the last few minutes and no apparent way to stop it.

i'm thinking maybe the details thing can't do it's work because the app is updating so I'm leaving it for ten minutes or more before I crash it and see what to do next... :)

abrogard

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Done it. All over. Found a sricam page that told me what to do. Quite simple. Use their cellphone app and set the network. I'll put the link for reference anyone else trying to sole the same thing. sricam wifi setup